Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Cannot remove the battery holder on 645n

Hello there! I need some help. I recently purchased a 645n system and I am having a hard time pulling the battery holder out. It looks pretty basic, Lift up the battery holder knob and turn it in the direction of the arrow. For some reason, it will not come out. In the small gap between the body and the battery holder I can see a metal plate (which I think serves as the lock, and retracts to unlock it.) It does not move even if I turn the knob. It does not look like that there is an old battery inside. Am I doing it wrong? Do i have to hold or press anything? Do I have to put it on any setting?
I should have checked it before paying but it was such a good deal that I just want to get it done and leave. The purchase includes the body with FA 75 2.8, FA 80-160, AF500 FTZ flash, 120 and 220 backs, lots of film, a Tamrac rolling backpack, filters. All in excellent condition 9.5/10 for $220.
Thanks and have a nice day!

01-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #2

Wow! That's an unreal price. Good score! Even one of those lenses sells for more than that on line.

I just got my 645N so I'm not an expert but it just popped open like you would expect it would. Sounds like it might be jammed or something.

Here is the relevant page from the manual:
Attached Images

01-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the help, That is what I am trying to do. With your 645 battery holder, is there a metal plate inside that serves as a lock? I am tempted to open the bottom of the camera but I have to look around first for some possible solution before I do that. It was a good deal, I purchase it to resell. I thought that I can get my money back just by selling one lens if ever there's a problem with anything. I have not shoot film ever, I bought it just because it was cheap. I've read a lot of good reviews about this camera. I wonder if anyone has encountered this problem before?
01-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #4

Original Poster
Plan was to resell it but I think I will be using this first and set aside my DSLR. Shoot some landscape and family pictures. Really excited about this but then I have to put some new batteries first

01-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Hi
I`m search this body,120 and 220 backs,leans.I`m interested

Last edited by Hasselboy; 01-22-2012 at 08:44 AM.