Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #1

Pentax 67 with Cactus v5 triggers

I'm a newbie and was wondering if anybody has any experience in using Pentax 67 with cactus v5 triggers ?
Since this camera does not have a hot shoe I'm wondering how to connect the trigger to the camera ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rajith

01-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #2

Rajith, a quick look at the V5 on the Gadget Infinity website shows a cable with a PC connector on one end. Have a look at the last picture, here.

That would mate with the PC terminal on the camera (if you're looking at the front of the camera, it's just to the right of the lens mount, on the mirror box. That would appear to be your answer, though you'll still have to come up with some way to secure the trigger so it isn't just hanging off the cable.
01-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you very much sir !
Follow up question (pls pardon my ignorance). The camera has a flash sync speed of 1/30 sec, so I'm told that a lens with leaf shutters is the answer.
I'm looking for a 165mm lens with leaf shutters.
However I wonder if I need to do anything extra if I use the lens with leaf shutters ? or will the same pc connection socket on the camera somehow work with the lens with leaf shutters ?
01-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Leaf shutter lenses have a PC socket. Plug the PC cord directly into the lens PC socket (you can't miss it). Pentax leaf shutter lenses are scarcer and more expensive than typical Pentax 6x7 lenses, so it might be hard to find one.

01-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The cactus V triggers have a side port that takes a 3.5mm mono or stereo plug and can be used in receiver mode to trigger a flash using the 3.5mm mono to PC cable or a camera using the 3.5mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo cable.

When it is used as a transmitter, the same port replicates the male hot shoe (the one at the bottom) and can be connected to the camera's (or lens) PC socket.

The trigger also has standard tripod threads at the bottom, so you can use any extension bracket to secure it to the camera.
01-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #6

Original Poster
Super A and demp10, thanks a lot for your advice and information.
I really appreciate it !

Rajith
02-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
Pentaxian

You don't have to have a leaf shutter lens. You can connect directly to the body and use it's 1/30th flash sync if that works for your situation.