Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #16

Just when I make a few satisfying shots, and feel pretty good about myself, I look at your work to bring me back to reality! Your work is stunning, and an inspiration to me.
Thank you
Dave in NJ
www.modernpictorials.com

02-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulaions on the published work but i'm really happy you're here sharing them with us.
02-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #18
Banned

Great work!
02-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by harklee Quote

@loco
I was introduced to CNN Korea by a friend of mine while I was visiting there and did a little project with www.CNNGO.com.
Basically they were looking for a photographer to do some gallery-type articles.

Gallery: How to take stunning city photographs | CNNGo.com

They seemed satisfied with the results and contacted me this time for a short article / interview.
Thanks for the info! Great job!!

02-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #20
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Fantastic images Hark, beautifully captured, well done. My 645D arrived last night... Cant wait to start shooting with it....
02-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #21

Congrats!! Absolutely stunning images!
03-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Congratulations, excellent photos, and well deserved!

I do also have a few photos published on CNN, in the Inside Africa section: Zambia -- the land where wildlife reigns - CNN.com (mine are photos 4,5,6 and 10), taken with Pentax K20D.

03-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #23

Congratulations!
Excellent photos)

Link:
http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/escape/how-take-stunning-landscape-photographs-152597

Last edited by Eduard Kraft; 03-02-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: -
03-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #24
Inactive Account

Hi Harklee

That's a nice set of photos you have there. As others have already said, many congratulations. If you'll forgive me taking liberties with the last of the four images which you took, i have attempted what might be termed an (admittedly fairly crude !) 'improvement' by bringing out more of the foreground detail by selecting that part of the image and letting PaintShop Pro X4 'One Stop Photo Fix' do some of it's 'handywork' ! As you may gather, I am far from an expert with software manipulation, but I'd be interested to hear what you think ?

Best regards
Confused
Attached Images

03-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think it makes it look unnatural.
03-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #26
Forum Member

Original Poster
@gurtch
Thank you so much, David, but how I am supposed to believe your words after seeing your photos? Keep up the great work.

@Bigvern1263
Congratulations, I am sure you will be happy with the 645d, the past 1.5 years with it has been a blast for me.

@tcom
What a set of fantastic images you got there, Dominique, I also started reading your articles on the IMPress, fantastic work.

@Confused
Obviously you have more than enough skills to call yourself an 'expert' at image retouching. Interestingly that version looks a lot like
what I took with 'a bit too strong' GND filter. The reason for that was to overexpose the shadows for better details and put them back
into the proper 'zone' later in the processing. I usually try very hard to remember the scene and its overall 'tonal distribution' while
taking shots and that's why decided to darken the foreground based on my memories. But I totally understand what you did there
and why many people actually prefer your version.

@Clicker, RonHendriks1966, Eduard Kraft, GregK8
Thanks a lot for the comments, guys, I really appreciate each and every one of them.
03-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by harklee Quote
@gurtch
Thank you so much, David, but how I am supposed to believe your words after seeing your photos? Keep up the great work.

@Bigvern1263
Congratulations, I am sure you will be happy with the 645d, the past 1.5 years with it has been a blast for me.

@tcom
What a set of fantastic images you got there, Dominique, I also started reading your articles on the IMPress, fantastic work.

@Confused
Obviously you have more than enough skills to call yourself an 'expert' at image retouching. Interestingly that version looks a lot like
what I took with 'a bit too strong' GND filter. The reason for that was to overexpose the shadows for better details and put them back
into the proper 'zone' later in the processing. I usually try very hard to remember the scene and its overall 'tonal distribution' while
taking shots and that's why decided to darken the foreground based on my memories. But I totally understand what you did there
and why many people actually prefer your version.

@Clicker, RonHendriks1966, Eduard Kraft, GregK8
Thanks a lot for the comments, guys, I really appreciate each and every one of them.
I agree with your interpretation of the shot, Harklee as the brighter foreground just doesn't look real to me. For me it takes it out of balance.
03-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #28

Congratulations!! excellent images, fantastic work.