Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #1

Scanning 645N film imprints

I have an Epson Photo 3200 scanner. The problem that I'm finding is that the film holder is too narrow to scan the film-edge data imprints. I might get half of text depending on how the film is positioned.

I've been looking at the betterscanning.com film holders as an upgrade. Just wondering if anyone is using this with a 645N and, if so, are you able to get the date imprints along with the frame?

02-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This wont be much help but I have an Epson 3170 scanner with most likely the same 120 film holder. I get what you want to do and as I only have a 645 haven't worried about that. I was in a local darkroom though where I was offered a film carrier that had been 'filed' out to a larger size so that you could print - with the enlarger - the edges of the negative. I suppose you could do the same with the plastic holder for the Epson unless there are other trays that can be used for the Epson. I recall that there may be but I'm not remembering where I saw that now.
02-27-2012, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The betterscanning.com ANR Glass holder for 120 will let you scan the data imprint from the 645N, not sure if they make one for your scanner though.
I have a V500 and with the supplied holder I can't scan the imprint.
This was scanned with the betterscanning holder.
02-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #4

Original Poster
The Epson 3200 is the same model of betterscanning holder used by your V500 scanner, so that is the information I was looking for. Thanks!