Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have never been able to find a customer service number the times when I needed it.

Steve
Email and through your account interface on their website. Many items I order come with return stickers included. If you need to talk to a human there are other companies out there but I haven't felt that need. When I had a problem with UPS, even though Amazon had done everything right, they responded within 15 minutes to my email about UPS and got on it.

03-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #47
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Email and through your account interface on their website. Many items I order come with return stickers included. If you need to talk to a human there are other companies out there but I haven't felt that need. When I had a problem with UPS, even though Amazon had done everything right, they responded within 15 minutes to my email about UPS and got on it.
Apparently things have changed since my last order 5 months ago.

Steve
03-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #48

I buy new items from Adorama all the time with no problems. I also purchased a used K-7 that was in better cosmetic condition than the "new" K-5 I bought from the nearest local retailer. (handled by sticky fingers and wear on the lens mount)
And unlike the K-5 I had to return twice for sensor stains, my used K-7 from Adorama has had no problems.
03-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #49

I've bought lots of new items from Adorama since 2000, and a used Nikon FE that was in EX- condition- arrived better than advertised and works great! I've also been very happy with their Adoramapix printing. Excellent quality and price. Never had a problem, and I've returned a few items, no questions asked. The fact that they are active in this forum speaks volumes about their commitment to customer service. Highly recommend!
Kent Webb

03-16-2012, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Just a follow up for everyone, I ended up purchasing the 645 80-160mm FA lens from Adorama for $650, which I felt was a pretty good price after looking on ebay, KEH, and the forum here for several weeks. It arrived on time and in better than expected condition. So, in other words, I had a very positive experience and YES, they are trustworthy! Thank you to everyone for your input, as it aided in my purchase.
03-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #51
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Ryan Tischer Quote
Just a follow up for everyone, I ended up purchasing the 645 80-160mm FA lens from Adorama for $650, which I felt was a pretty good price after looking on ebay, KEH, and the forum here for several weeks. It arrived on time and in better than expected condition. So, in other words, I had a very positive experience and YES, they are trustworthy!
Good to hear!
03-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #52
Veteran Member

A lot of photographers of professional and amateur backgrounds have bought equipment from Adorama (among, KEH, B&H...), and we are in AUSTRALIA . If something is unclear, I, among others dealing with the guys there, are only too happy to elaborate and explain; I have even been provided with a digital image of the equipment to help me evaluate and discern. Postage, and especially packing has been first class throughout, certainly that's the feedback I have received, and can give from my own experience.
03-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ryan Tischer Quote
Just a follow up for everyone, I ended up purchasing the 645 80-160mm FA lens from Adorama for $650, which I felt was a pretty good price after looking on ebay, KEH, and the forum here for several weeks. It arrived on time and in better than expected condition. So, in other words, I had a very positive experience and YES, they are trustworthy! Thank you to everyone for your input, as it aided in my purchase.
Just my follow up - I was contacted quickly when I expressed my problems (earlier in this thread) with Adorama earlier which had gone unresolved (3x, same product).

I was told on March 2nd, 2012 that there was some internal communication going on and they would contact me soon.

Three weeks and counting with no further contact.

I know most people have had outstanding service from Adorama. I must be some kind of flier, because every time I trade emails with them it falls into the following categories:

1. some kind of e-mail black hole
2. A response of something patently false, e.g., 'Adorama service person X took care of this over the phone'.
3. Request for me to do work for them for free due to their mistake, e.g. 'Please take some pictures of this for us to understand what our mistake is' or 'Please review the charges on your credit card statement from month Y', etc. I know I'm hyper-senstive to this... but my life is hyper-booked.

YMMV. I must be in the minority.

Last edited by ElJamoquio; 03-23-2012 at 06:11 PM.
03-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #54
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Definitely. Perhaps they have it in for you?

Steve
03-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Definitely. Perhaps they have it in for you?

Steve
It's not paranoia if they're really after you.
03-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #56
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
I wish there was an option in Adorama's website to choose Fed-Ex instead.
You obviously have not seen the Christmas videos.

I've had a few purchases with Adorama - no problems, and Helen was helpful in a couple instances when I asked for some assistance on minor issues. I do also shop Amazon, and B&H frequently has faster/cheaper shipping, though not by much.
03-25-2012, 03:51 AM   #57

Just my follow up - I was contacted quickly when I expressed my problems (earlier in this thread) with Adorama earlier which had gone unresolved (3x, same product).

I was told on March 2nd, 2012 that there was some internal communication going on and they would contact me soon.

Three weeks and counting with no further contact.

I know most people have had outstanding service from Adorama. I must be some kind of flier, because every time I trade emails with them it falls into the following categories:

1. some kind of e-mail black hole
2. A response of something patently false, e.g., 'Adorama service person X took care of this over the phone'.
3. Request for me to do work for them for free due to their mistake, e.g. 'Please take some pictures of this for us to understand what our mistake is' or 'Please review the charges on your credit card statement from month Y', etc. I know I'm hyper-senstive to this... but my life is hyper-booked.

I can't ID you 100% from your screen name, but after a process of elimination I'm guessing you are Matthew?
If so, you did receive follow up from our CS department, and I was copied in.

I will forward it on to you right away.
03-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
I can't ID you 100% from your screen name

If so, you did receive follow up from our CS department, and I was copied in.

I will forward it on to you right away.
Of course I received a "follow up", which was a status report (people who can answer aren't at Adorama on March 2nd, but Adorama will answer ASAP). That's when it fell back into the black hole.

Last edited by ElJamoquio; 03-25-2012 at 03:07 PM.
03-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #59

Of course I received a "follow up", which was a status report (people who can answer aren't at Adorama on March 2nd, but Adorama will answer ASAP). That's when it fell back into the black hole.

I now have a copy of the email which was sent to you by one of our CS reps:

I replied to him on 3/2/12

Dear Mxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx

They have just gotten back to me with the following:
We checked and verified our stock on the SKU#PXLC49

You are correct in regarding the design of the item, they donít look like the picture we have on the web, they look like the picture from the 62
About the size , we checked the 49 compared to the 62 and its way smaller so you may have probably been getting the good size but the other design .
Please let me know if there is any thing further I can assist you with.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
03-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #60
Veteran Member

So did you ever figure out why I didn't receive that email? Was it the typo in my email address?

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
I now have a copy of the email which was sent to you by one of our CS reps:

I replied to him on 3/2/12

Dear Mxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx

They have just gotten back to me with the following:
We checked and verified our stock on the SKU#PXLC49

You are correct in regarding the design of the item, they donít look like the picture we have on the web, they look like the picture from the 62
About the size , we checked the 49 compared to the 62 and its way smaller so you may have probably been getting the good size but the other design .
Please let me know if there is any thing further I can assist you with.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.