Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
There are two sides of this coin; if you need to take advantage of the generous return policy to try something, that is great. But if you intend to make a purchase and keep it, it is sometimes not so good - you may end up getting an item which was previously returned by someone else (though it may not necessarily has any defects).
Amazon, for one, does not resell as new items that were returned opened. They sell those through their Warehouse Deals sub-site. Those deals are clearly marked, including that they may not have an original warranty, with a description of their status.

03-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Amazon, for one, does not resell as new items that were returned opened. They sell those through their Warehouse Deals sub-site. Those deals are clearly marked, including that they may not have an original warranty, with a description of their status.
Kudo to Amazon, that's what it should be... but not my experience with Adorama.
03-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
I was sorry to read this. I can't ID your order(s) from your posting, but I'd like to give an assurance that any customer with an issue or query only ever needs to email me one time.
I've forwarded you an email for reference. Thanks.
03-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #34
Veteran Member

There is a long thread on this forum where a guy who bought a used FA*200 from Adorama ended up sent a used DA*200. It took him a long time to straighen out the issue with a lot of back and forward, needless to say he never did end up getting a FA*200.

I'd have no hesitation buying new from Adorama, but I'd be much less confident about buying used.

03-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Kudo to Amazon, that's what it should be... but not my experience with Adorama.
Sorry, could not tell from your post and thought you were referring to Amazon. Sorry about your Adorama experience. So far so good for me with them.
03-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #36
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by atlnq9 Quote
.......as soon as I talked to Helen all my questions were answered and very timely. I trust them enough to sell me a 645D and ship it to Africa. Helen, I'll be after that 645D as soon as things settle down here a bit!
That's so good to hear. Thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by brofkand Quote

Moral of the story: buy your used equipment from KEH if you care about the cosmetic condition of your stuff. If you don't, you just want it to be functional, then buy from Adorama (or UG from KEH).
OR - you can email me and I'll arrange for pictures of the unit to be sent to you before you commit to purchase

QuoteOriginally posted by Armanius Quote
I bought many items from Adorama and have dealt with Helen Oster. Top notch service in my opinion.

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
I'd love to shop at Adorama but if they have no USPS international shipping it's never going to happen.
We DO! You just need to email me: Helen@adorama.com

There are two sides of this coin; if you need to take advantage of the generous return policy to try something, that is great. But if you intend to make a purchase and keep it, it is sometimes not so good - you may end up getting an item which was previously returned by someone else (though it may not necessarily has any defects).
Not True! Returned items are sold by Adorama as used or open box, or returned to the manufacturer for refurbishment.

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Adorama is a fairly large company and as such can and will have issues over time just like any other. So if you look hard enough you will find someone to bad mouth them. But I have always found them to be honest and if there was a problem to do their level best to make it right. I have placed a number of orders with them, direct, through ebay and through Amazon and all have gone well. The only problem I have ever had was with a k-5 I was not happy with and I returned it for replacement, which they did quickly and with no questions asked.

And how many companies have a rep on forums trying to help? Not many. That shows a real desire to be involved with their customers and I applaud them for it. Helen thank you for being here and thank your employer for allowing you to be.
Thank you so much!
03-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have purchased both new and used items from Adorama, and have never had a complaint with them. Within the past year I purchased several speed lights (new) that did not work out for me (not a problem with Adorama), and I returned them, no authorization required/questions asked.

03-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I visited Adorama when in the US on a business trip. Amazing place, amazing sales reps in the store and amazing system below/above decks as well. The guys in the store were NOT pushy (unlike 47th St. Photo where they shove the stuff down your throat). Having seen Helen in action on this forum as well only goes to confirm what I saw in the store.

If we only could have such a store over here in Europe, I'd be all over it. (and my wife would probably leave me as well LOL)
03-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
I visited Adorama when in the US on a business trip. Amazing place, amazing sales reps in the store and amazing system below/above decks as well. The guys in the store were NOT pushy (unlike 47th St. Photo where they shove the stuff down your throat). Having seen Helen in action on this forum as well only goes to confirm what I saw in the store.

If we only could have such a store over here in Europe, I'd be all over it. (and my wife would probably leave me as well LOL)
There's an opening for Adorama to expand if I ever saw one.
03-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Originally posted by riff* I'd love to shop at Adorama but if they have no USPS international shipping it's never going to happen. We DO! You just need to email me: Helen@adorama.com
Oh good, I didn't see anything about USPS shipping on your internet site. I also tied to check out an item, picked Canada as country, entered my "zip code" and was informed my zip code was invalid. I didn't see email Helen as an option either.

You do good work here and I appreciate your participation. Thanks.
03-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #41
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have had excellent experiences purchasing used lenses from Adorama (a couple of Pentax K and a couple of large format). Buy with confidence.

Steve
03-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #42
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
unlike 47th St. Photo where they shove the stuff down your throat
...bad place...
03-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #43
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Amazon, for one, does not resell as new items that were returned opened.
...not surprising. Have you ever tried to return an item to Amazon? Pretty much impossible.

Steve
03-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...not surprising. Have you ever tried to return an item to Amazon? Pretty much impossible.

Steve
Never had a single problem. Once they sent the wrong item and when informed they told me to keep it and refunded the price.
03-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #45
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Never had a single problem. Once they sent the wrong item and when informed they told me to keep it and refunded the price.
I have never been able to find a customer service number the times when I needed it.

Steve