Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
Banned

645D scratchy shutter sound

hi,

just got my 645D 4 months ago and I love it, I use it mostly in studio because I do mostly portrait and advertising campaigns,
usually the shutter sounds great and I notice once in awhile one shot sounds a bit scratchy but now it almost sounds scratchy all the time,
really not the smooth sound I was hearing when I got the camera, I haven't shot a lot with it maybe a 1000 shots.

I looked around and google my problem but didn't find anything really, anyone had that before or what should I do?

cheers,

03-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Contact Pentax.
03-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
I believe I did 5 times with no answer. That's a ****in dumb answer.
03-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mitchcay Quote
No this is not a dumb answer. Your camera is under warranty: use the warranty. If you cannot contact Pentax directly, contact the store from where you bought the camera.

PF members try to help. Do respect their help...

03-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Whatever. Take your camera apart and fix it yourself. Cooking oil should do it.
03-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

hi,

just got my 645D 4 months ago and I love it, I use it mostly in studio because I do mostly portrait and advertising campaigns,
usually the shutter sounds great and I notice once in awhile one shot sounds a bit scratchy but now it almost sounds scratchy all the time,
really not the smooth sound I was hearing when I got the camera, I haven't shot a lot with it maybe a 1000 shots.

I looked around and google my problem but didn't find anything really, anyone had that before or what should I do?

cheers,
If the sound wasn't there when you started using the camera, it can't be something good. There isn't anything you can do to fix it yourself either. I'd suggest contacting someone like Mark Davis directly ( Mark.Davis [at pentax dot com] ). He helped me in the past when my K-5 was doing the double mirror flop problem and was a great help.

Otherwise, could *probably* just send it to CRIS with a letter stating the issue and that the camera is under warranty. Camera Repair by CRIS Camera Services: Digital Camera Repair: Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Pentax, Ricoh, Sigma

That's an expensive camera and I would think Pentax would jump over backwards to help you with it. I thought all 645D came with that special expedited support and repair program?
03-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
thanks perfect I will do

03-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

.................. And that's a rude, unacceptable response. This forum has some of the most knowledgeable, friendly, eager to help people I have ever known. Responses such as that are not likely to endear you to them.
You asked what you should do and Yamanobori took his time to make a valid, reasonable suggestion. Not omitting, in your original post, the minor little detail about having contacted Pentax 5 times would have been helpful and may have elicited a different answer.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread