Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Anyone ever use the zoerk T/S adapter for 645D?

I'm just curious if anyone here has used any of the zoerk t/s adapters for 645D? I don't know much about them, but did a little bit a reading and I guess they either use the 67 or large format lenses, as the image circle needs to be large enough to allow the tilt or shift. I'd be particularly interested in researching it more if I could utilize a wide angle lens, something similar or wider than the 645 35mm A or FA.

I've been shooting for about a week now with my 645D and am realizing that I will probably end up doing a fair amount of focus bracketing, as I often like close foreground objects.

Any input from folks that have tried this combo and any pluses or minuses would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ryan Tischer; 03-21-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling error in title
03-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You will only have the 67 45mm or 55mm with the Zork adapter to use for a wide. And only with shift--the tilt is for enlarger lenses.
03-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yamanobori, thank you for your reply. Why do the 45mm and 55mm only have shift and not tilt? would that ability change as the camera is moved from portrait to landscape orientation? Bear with me here, my technical understanding here is limited!
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have one of the Zoerk units for 67 format. I think it's called the multi-focus unit, but memory may not serve me...It uses a Rodenstock 105 enlarger lens which works out to standard lens field of view for the format, so some of the "near/far" effects you mention aren't quite as pronounced as with a wide angle. I also use a step-down ring to attach a Pentax multi-element close-up lens originally for 645 format. That produces a pretty fair macro lens. Enlarger lenses have noticeably flat contrast which can actually be a benefit with contrasty Velvia slide film.

Don't know how it would render on a 645D sensor and you'd have to do a bit of cross referencing to figure out just how much of a telephoto 105mm seems to be on the 645D sensor.

This Zoerk unit uses a rotating inner ball mechanism to tilt up to a very acute angle--way more than I recommend using for representational work. I do not have the additional shift plate for this set up but am fairly certain that the optional shift plate exists to fit the multi-focus unit.

Check under the name "multi-focus" on the Zoerk website.

03-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Ron has got it. The basic unit that takes the 67 lenses just has a shift and then you add another unit, very much like a LensBaby, that holds an enlarger lens that can be tilted.

BTW, Novoflex has a tilt/shift bellows unit that has a Pentax 645 adapter, but uses enlarger lenses and so for infinity focus, you don't really have a wide option.
03-22-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Yamanobori Quote
Ron has got it. The basic unit that takes the 67 lenses just has a shift and then you add another unit, very much like a LensBaby, that holds an enlarger lens that can be tilted.

BTW, Novoflex has a tilt/shift bellows unit that has a Pentax 645 adapter, but uses enlarger lenses and so for infinity focus, you don't really have a wide option.
I see, so in other words, there's really not any options out there if I have a 645D and want to be able to tilt with a wide perspective lens to gain DOF? That's really the only use I can see myself needing in my landscape photography.
03-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Zoerk also makes modified Mamiya 50/4 PC lenses for Pentax 645 mount. Something says $$$, but it might make sense to give them a call.

Steve

03-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
Check under the name multi-focus on the Zoerk website.
Thanks at Ron !! Your hint was a serendipity for me. Because of your hint, I checked the _english_ Zörk website and as a serendipity I found that they are offering adaptors Hasselblad V lenses to Pentax 645 cameras. Near one and a half year I was looking for a source inside Europe - but still now I only found dealers from China. I hope in future I can use my Planar CF 100 on the Ptx 645 !
03-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad that was helpful. The website really is a nice educational piece...