Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Playback menu question on 645D

Can someone please advise?
When I get the instant review on the LCD I can see the histogram AND bright/dark area warnings.
When I do a review after the instant review I don't get the bright/dark warnings, although I can obviously see from the histogram whether the exposure is off the graph.
I was wondering if there is a setting that lets me see the bright/dark warnings again when reviewing after the instant review?
Thanks.

04-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Yes, this can be adjusted through the menus. There are a ton of options in the 645D menus, and I'm still learning what they are all for! I tend to leave the histogram setting on, and leave the highlight/shadow warnings blinking settings off, as I find them distracting, but that's just me. So, yes, you can see highlight/shadow warnings in review, plus the histogram. I like to look at the image first with the histogram, and then later on without it to get a better feel for the whole scene, composition and all, and to do so I just leave the histogram setting on, then hit 'info' or maybe it's the '>' (play) button, I can't remember which right now, but the graph and all info will go away if you want them to, and that's without changing any settings through the menus.

It's a very well thought out camera, and the easiest to use in terms of quickly reviewing and changing key settings that I've ever dealt with...with the exception of the somewhat slow write time, but once that's done it's great to work with IMO.

Hope this helps!
04-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ryan. Thank you.
I'll have another look and see if I can fathom or how it is done. I had been through the handbook before posting the question but couldn't find it.
Have anyone any idea what setting I change?
I agree it is a very well thought out camera, with pretty well everything is quickly accessible, I really enjoy using it.
04-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Forum Member

Hi, you mean once you have taken the ACTUAL shot and want to see the flashing areas ?? Yes it is in one of the menus, just scroll through you will se it.. sorry cant remember which one right now.

04-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The option is called show bright and dark areas, and it's found in the playback (blue) menu tab, I believe.
04-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Yes.

Let me take the opportunity of this thread to regret once again the non-existence of the
"back to last modification" function in the 645D's menus... like in any Pentax DSRL and Hybrids since the K-5, almost two years ago.

Mr PENTAX : thank you in advance not to forget this very practical idea in your next 645D FW update...
04-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Yes.

Let me take the opportunity of this thread to regret once again the non-existence of the
"back to last modification" function in the 645D's menus... like in any Pentax DSRL and Hybrids since the K-5, almost two years ago.

Mr PENTAX : thank you in advance not to forget this very practical idea in your next 645D FW update...
I do agree on this front...sort of annoying to have to go all the way through the extensive menus everytime, like when formatting both SD cards. Anyways, a minor annoyance.