Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #1

new camera tease - stuck body cap!

Hi,

I'm a Pentax newbie and have just bought a Pentax 67 but the body cap is stuck and I haven't been able to shoot a frame yet. The body is in great condition, looks very well looked after and all else seems to be in good order. I was able to easily remove the cap after unboxing and carefully replaced and rotated towards 12 o clock position. At 11.30 position it clicked in, and won't come off. The guy who sold it to me warned against screwing the body cap on too tightly as it's a 'known issue' with 67's. (I've googled this and can't find anything about this there or on this forum). I guess it'd pretty hard to diagnose this problem without seeing the camera itself but just wondered if anyone else has had this issue or can suggest anything? I've rotating the cap with the lens release switch activated. If I can get the cap off I'll stick a lens on and leave it there!

Many thanks
Tim

04-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
Hello,
To remove is to rotate towards the red dot on the outer flange. It is about Ten O'clock and the turn is in the counter clockwise. If it is not a factory cap, then the metal flanges are not set right. You are better off not using it once you get it off.

The extreme is to put the camera in B and lock it there and see if the cap is put together with screwed in metal and unscew them from the inside... if you are considering, let me know for further details.