Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #16
Inactive Account

I have three AP6x7 bodies: two have so-so metering prisms, one has a meter-less prism.

Consequently, I use a hand-held meter for all my shots, including macro with or without tubes, with or without the dedicated Macro lens (tubes and the 105mm standard lens works well too, as does the 4/135 Macro lens together with a 4 diopter accessory lens).

I use the formula Exposure Factor= (1+Magnification)squared

Seems to work OK.

Last edited by Banjo; 05-13-2012 at 12:56 AM.
05-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve been fooled into thinking my TTL meter also doesn’t work when it did. The issue was the shutter speed and aperture were not set fast enough for the meter to register.

If you are using extension tubes the amount of light hitting the meter will be lower than with a regular lens attached. Try setting the shutter to 1 second and the lens to the maximum aperture to see if the meter registers.

Phil.
05-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I’ve been fooled into thinking my TTL meter also doesn’t work when it did. The issue was the shutter speed and aperture were not set fast enough for the meter to register.

If you are using extension tubes the amount of light hitting the meter will be lower than with a regular lens attached. Try setting the shutter to 1 second and the lens to the maximum aperture to see if the meter registers.

Phil.
this wasnt the case i was testing it shining it into a strong light at 1 sec and no response. My tubes did not activate the metering leaver which the lens normally does, but the tape does work to then use manual stop-down ttl metering