Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 37 Likes Search this Thread
05-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
Spoken like a true idiot.
Hey, you weren't supposed to agree with me.

05-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
Indeed the criticisms (the substance of which, by the way, I largely agree with) would arguably have more force if they were made cogently and without being abusive.
Sorry, not a lawyer or politician. Can't Speak like that. But feel free to rephrase it however you want.

QuoteOriginally posted by phonoline Quote
you get pissed off because someone out there insults your beloved 645D?! Give me a break.
I am not pissed off. You have not yet seen me pissed off. I just found it funny and stupid at the same time. What pisses me off is not the review on the 645D but the fact that he writes reviews without knowing anything about items. And because of that make wrong assertions.

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Only if someone donates to his "PayPal" account. If people read this thread, do you really think it helps his case regarding donations?
I imagine he also gets some kickback when people click on the B&H, Adorama, and Amazon links from his site also...

Couldn't figure out how to edit to only be PF members...

Andrew who owns a 645D too (Lets everybody that owns one make it known to everybody in the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > Sarcasm)
05-10-2012, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #78

Well Mr Rockwell has managed to generate a thread started as recently as 5th May that is now 6 pages long. Not many can do that. Reminds me of Muhammed Ali saying that he based his early boxing "persona" on a wrestler called "Gorgeous George" who generated income for his bouts by making everyone hate him so they'd buy tickets just to see him get beaten.

Still works very well

On a slightly more serious note Mr Rockwell nailed his colours to the mast when he praised the intuitive layout of the P645N. Any new model which was going to depart from this was not going to please him.

asahijock
05-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #79
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by atlnq9 Quote
. . .

Couldn't figure out how to edit to only be PF members...
The wrap tags on the edit menu bar are in a quote bubble with the word "hide" in it. It is 3 positions to the left of the H

05-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Sorry, not a lawyer or politician. Can't Speak like that. But feel free to rephrase it however you want."

Trying to counter the point by slapping labels on what is being said hey, and hoping that will conceal the deliberate misunderstanding of what is being said? It's nothing to do with how it is phrased or whether you can speak using eloquent language. It is about whether or not it helps your point to descend to idle and public abuse. However, if you have no wish to listen to this, that of course is up to you.
05-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #81
CDW
Site Supporter

Ken Rockwell is the Rush Limbaugh of photography. He stirs people up, the 'sheeple' follow his every word and he makes a good living dispersing half truths and nonsense.
05-11-2012, 03:52 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ken-bloody-rockwell. I know a bloke who hangs on his every word. I'm sure he's as qualified as me to comment on every bit of equipment under the sun, but to do it objectively and unbiased is another thing. From what I've read, the 645D is a fantastic option for professional photographers.Enough said.
If camera manufacturers want to send me free cameras and lenses to test, I'm up for the challenge.

Regards

05-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #83
Veteran Member

I do not agree with many things that Ken Rockwell is publishing. However, I find most of his articles entertaining. Nevertheless, calling anyone an "idiot" publicly in a forum is not a good habit. If I was in charge in PF, I would not have allowed this. Insulting comments are not against good manners in PF?
05-11-2012, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #84
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The forum moderators are well aware of the thread and its discussions. There are a number of fingers on the pulse, so to speak. Whilst it isn't the most amicable of formalities, this isn't much different to calling any other public figure any such endearing nouns (eg. Politicians, celebrities). They're big enough to take it, and if they don't like it and express that (eg. Ken Rockwell becomes a member here and responds with an 'I don't like the insults' post, or reports the post) then action would be taken. Do you think this is the only time Ken Rockwell has been called anything derogatory? If he dishes out controversial and even inflammatory remarks about Pentax, would he not also expect a backlash, particularly here?
05-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #85
Veteran Member

PentaxForums.com - Forum Rules
QuoteQuote:
Although debates and discussions are allowed, we would like to maintain a friendly forum and do not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts.
As I have said earlier, I strongly disagree with Ken on several aspects. Calling him an idiot, however, is a different approach, which I cannot tolerate. Whether he defends himself here or not: Bad habits are nothing but bad habits and inexcusable.
05-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #86
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
PentaxForums.com - Forum Rules

As I have said earlier, I strongly disagree with Ken on several aspects. Calling him an idiot, however, is a different approach, which I cannot tolerate. Whether he defends himself here or not: Bad habits are nothing but bad habits and inexcusable.
I guess the OP should have used the term JackWagon. However, he is running a commercial sight and open himself up for criticism like any other entertainer. If he is a member, he can ask it be edited.
05-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #87
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
But surely that point is made much more effectively with information and reason.
You tell me to use information and reason and from what I can tell that is what is stated in the OP. Point out one other thing wrong with the post from what you have told me besides the word idiot and the statement about leicas which I removed?
However, if you have no wish to listen to this, that of course is up to you.
It's a good thing I don't have to listen then huh. All I have to do is read since it isn't an audio forum... I ask you for an example but you have not given it only countering with a comment of your not listening. If you want somebody to learn it is best to provide an example rather than just assuming they understand from reading 8 or so sentences. All talk and no action.

EDIT:
There is everybody happier? I changed it from idiot to just being wrong.

Well take it down and end this. It is starting to sound like children in the playground, not adults. I am done here, I just tried to bring up that Rockwell made a lot if inacuracies and non subjective comments in his review.

Last edited by atlnq9; 05-12-2012 at 12:47 AM.
05-12-2012, 12:38 AM - 1 Like   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would love to answer you Andrew, but I am afraid I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about. I think my point was quite clear - I suggested that the use the word "idiot" (especially in the title of the thread) was unhelpful. That was my point and no other examples are required to make it. What is clear is that you don't agree with my point (that is up to you of course) and that you don't like my making it (too bad).
05-12-2012, 12:49 AM - 1 Like   #89
Veteran Member

It's not exactly an original thought, but you guys have still hit the top spot for that search - well done!

QuoteQuote:
Searches related to "ken rockwell is an idiot"
ken rockwell
ken rockwell is a joke
ken rockwell is a moron
05-12-2012, 01:21 AM - 1 Like   #90

tell u what is idiotic and childish. Denouncing people, whether they are of public interest or not, never really helps in a discussion. This is what helpless people do who feel cornered or need other people to be on their side. You find this on playgrounds a lot, indeed. And it becomes even more childish the more u defend your strategy and dont listen to, oh sorry, read useful comments of valuable members of the community.
Closed Thread