Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #1

Pentax should do this

Since the biggest issue with the 645D is lens choice, this would be a great item to have.

Leica S Hasselblad Lens Adaptor

05-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #2

or even better:
How about a special converter that has K-Mount on the front, 645-Mount on the back and increases the focal length by the Crop-Factor (645d/24x36)?
Would make all FA-Lenses 645d capable
05-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I would absolutely love it if Pentax could provide an adaptor to allow use of the blad H lenses (and, for that matter, the Leica S lenses if such a thing were possible). However, I believe that the blad-Leica adaptor is a joint initiative between both companies (depending as it does on the use of what I think is a proprietory mount and the technical code governing the lens and camera functions). So, if my inferences are correct, Pentax doing it would entail Hasselblad doing it with them.

Let's hope they will (but I have my doubts!).

Ed
05-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by klaus123 Quote
or even better:
How about a special converter that has K-Mount on the front, 645-Mount on the back and increases the focal length by the Crop-Factor (645d/24x36)?
Would make all FA-Lenses 645d capable
Am I being stupid or wouldn't the image circle be far too small to use on the 645D?

05-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #5

Increasing the magnification of the Image can increase the image circle too - it is a question of lens design - todays Converters probably do not do that because it is no need.