Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
P67 35mm Fisheye

I finally got one! I've been looking, off and on, for a couple years. I wanted the last version in near mint condition. Last week, KEH, LN- condition.....it's mine.

Now I have every Pentax 67 lens between 35mm and 300mm (EDIF) that I've wanted, except for one......the hard to find 75mm f2.8 AL. Looking, still looking.....

No super telephotos for me......gotta draw the line somewhere (for now anyways ).

Gary

Attached Images

06-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #2

Is there any specific reason why it hat to be the latest one? I have the early one and thought they are more or less the same.

http://klgebert.piwigo.com/uploads/z/r/w/zrw8zmk9px//2012/04/22/pwg_high/201...6-50cac8dd.jpg
06-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Yes I have been on the look out for this one as well. From my understanding the optical formula is nearly identical. Newer version may have better coatings I imagine. I think they still make this and you can get one new in Japan still. I am going there at the end of August, so I intend to look . . . .
06-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by bensonga Quote
I finally got one! I've been looking, off and on, for a couple years. I wanted the last version in near mint condition. Last week, KEH, LN- condition.....it's mine.

Now I have every Pentax 67 lens between 35mm and 300mm (EDIF) that I've wanted, except for one......the hard to find 75mm f2.8 AL. Looking, still looking.....

No super telephotos for me......gotta draw the line somewhere (for now anyways ).

Gary
Congradulations Gary! I have a soft spot for the Pentax fisheyes made over the years...both in 35mm as well as medium format. As for that line, let's not kid ourselves. As soon as you see the next "must have" Pentax lens, that line will mysteriously move all by itself. How do I know? I've spent years convincing my "significant other"' that she's always mistaken as to just where the line is drawn. Us guys may take a back seat when it comes to asking for driving directions, but we know our "lines"....LOL!

Dave (D&A)

06-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hi Klaus. I was looking for latest version only because all of my Pentax 67 lenses are the final version. No other reason. I think the 75mm f2.8 AL is going to be the hardest one to find.

Hi Dave. Yes, a line is a fluid thing. I had drawn the same line for my Hasselblad system.....really didn't want anything beyond my CF 350/5.6. Then a near mint 500mm/8 Tele-Tessar * lens came up for sale locally at a bargain price. Well, what's a guy to do?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 40D  Photo 
06-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Congrats. Looks really nice. That is one focal length I don't have. I hear you on the 75mm AL. I gave up looking for that one. I wanted it for the 67mm filter size that lens has. Much more convenient than 82mm filters.