Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I'm happy to update that I have Exiftool working. BogdanH on the Exiftool website advised me to move the Exiftool.exe file into the Windows directory (if I missed this from anyone else's instructions my apologies) and now Exiftool works and so does the Exiftool GUI.
If you havent tried the GUI part I'd recommend it, there's no code requirement and all very simple, a matter of writing the details you want in the specified Exif box, and that's it really.

06-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Glad to hear it, Newmoon!
Very interesting also that there are so many ways to use ExifTool.
Yours is probably one that will suit many more users than my tinkering...
06-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
I'll try and post a screen shot

QuoteOriginally posted by alunfoto Quote
Glad to hear it, Newmoon!
Very interesting also that there are so many ways to use ExifTool.
Yours is probably one that will suit many more users than my tinkering...
I'll try and post a screenshot of the Exiftool GUI in the next couple of days, so people can see what I'm referring to.
06-22-2012, 06:44 AM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Newmoon Quote
I'll try and post a screenshot of the Exiftool GUI in the next couple of days, so people can see what I'm referring to.
Here's the screenshot I mentioned:

All the data in the right window can be edited by highlighting the field, typing what you want to go in the field in the window to the right of the word 'Large' at the bottom (clicking 'Large' brings up a bigger space to type in), press enter then 'Save' and that saves the details to all the files highlighted in the centre window.

Then update the metadata in Lightroom and that's it.