Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
Forum Member

Lens correction for your A-lenses in Lightroom

What lens corrections do you use for your A-lenses in Lightroom when shooting with a 645D? Unfortunately Lightroom doesn't provide any profiles for the older 645 A lenses.

For my most used lens, the 35mm A, I figured out that you can correct distortion with around +6 or +7 pretty good. Can anyone confirm this? I don't correct the C/A of this lens.
Maybe we can make a list for all the A lenses.
I am also interested in the settings (C/A + distortion) for the 75mm A and 150mm A.

07-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This would be nice!
07-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by derAngler Quote
What lens corrections do you use for your A-lenses in Lightroom when shooting with a 645D? Unfortunately Lightroom doesn't provide any profiles for the older 645 A lenses.

For my most used lens, the 35mm A, I figured out that you can correct distortion with around +6 or +7 pretty good. Can anyone confirm this? I don't correct the C/A of this lens.
Maybe we can make a list for all the A lenses.
I am also interested in the settings (C/A + distortion) for the 75mm A and 150mm A.
Hi: In Photoshop, I choose the FA counterpart. I know the lens formulas changed from 35mm A to FA, but the FA profile seems to work. Same for 75mm A, since the A and FA are same formula.
Hope this is helpful.
Dave
07-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You can create your own profiles for any lens using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator software and use them in Lightroom like any other profile.

It is free and you can download it here: Adobe Lens Profile Creator - Adobe Labs