Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Hi Light-in-Focus,

Good idea! I think the AB-82 with the Split-Screen is still better for manual focusing. I will keep looking around for one. Doesn't have to be new. Yes, I am fluent in Vietnamese. Perhaps they will give me a 99% discount haha

Thanks again,
Ed
www.EdwardNguyenPhotography.com

06-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Hi Light-in-Focus,

I have just received the AB-82 focusing screen. It works great with my old 165mm f/4 leaf-shutter lens as well as the new autofocus FA lenses. Thanks again

Ed
EDWARD NGUYEN P H O T O G R A P H Y
09-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Light-in-Focus Quote
Hi DandA

I've installed the AB-82 on my 645D, and it works just great. It helps a lot to manually focus since it's a split screen.
The screens prior to 645n, won't work on the 645D,.... but all the screens for the 645n and newer will work. They used the same screen mount for the D.

By the way,... the focusing screen will not affect auto-focus in any way. I've used both manual and auto-focus lens and all worked just right.
To the best of my knowledge, the auto-focus sensor is located below/next to, the focusing screen, somewhere between the mirror and the screen, and takes its reading off the mirror. The sensor doesn't go through the screen to take its reading. That is why there is sometimes a discrepancy of front or rear focus. The distance from mirror to screen and mirror to sensor is not always the same, thus need for micro adjustments.....

Good shooting
Hi, Light-in-focus

Thanks for your sharing, will the AB-82 effect the exposure metering system? the EV measured are same to original focusing screen?

Cheers!

Philip
09-04-2014, 03:39 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Underbridge Quote
Hi, Light-in-focus

Thanks for your sharing, will the AB-82 effect the exposure metering system? the EV measured are same to original focusing screen?

Cheers!

Philip
Everything works fine with the AB82.

I have one spare from my 645D if you are interested.

03-03-2016, 02:55 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote
Everything works fine with the AB82.

I have one spare from my 645D if you are interested.
Hi there!

Do you still have that spare AB-82?

Thanks in advance for letting me know!
Baldomero