Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2012, 03:51 AM   #1

FA 80-160 lens focus issue

Hello everyone. I have an issue with one of my FA lenses: my 80-160 works fine in AF mode, but when I switch to manual focus, the body motor runs continuously every time I depress the shutter halfway. I bought the lens on ebay and I didn't have the body at that time to test it, but assumed it was okay when I tested the aperture & AF and they both worked much later. I'm guessing that something inside the lens is not telling the camera it's in manual mode.

Would this be a relatively easy fix?

08-07-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This sounds like a problem with the lens contacts. As the AF/MF clutch on FA lenses is more or less mechanical, it's also possible that something's broken inside the lens. Does the AF shaft retract properly when you set the lens to MF? Also, I would recommend that you try cleaning the lens contacts just in case.
08-08-2012, 03:44 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the help; I cleaned the contacts, but the issue remains. I'll have to find somewhere to get a quote for repair.