Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
He said stick to PK_Tether, and that there were no plans to make it incompatible with future cameras.
Great, but what about us Mac users?

09-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
He said stick to PK_Tether, and that there were no plans to make it incompatible with future cameras.
Good to know, thanks.
09-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #18

Original Poster
For Mac you're basically screwed I think, unless some one can port PK-Tether over, that is one good software. For those who need tethering Pentax really is not looking good right now. My conversation with the a Pentax rep in the region is even worse, some of their engineers don't even know they have the tethering software!
09-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bachtran Quote
For Mac you're basically screwed I think, unless some one can port PK-Tether over, that is one good software. For those who need tethering Pentax really is not looking good right now. My conversation with the a Pentax rep in the region is even worse, some of their engineers don't even know they have the tethering software!
Someone will correct me I am sure but as I recall Pentax had official tethering software for the K-20D or around that timeframe. The code should be available to them, heck the PK Tether is open source software as I recall, they ought to be able to do something with it. This is another area of embarrassment for Pentax IMHO.

09-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Remember about PKTriggercord!

PKTether isn't the only tethering app out there under active development. PKTriggercord currently runs on Windows, various Linuxes, and even Raspberry Pi.