Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
How to autofocus fine tume adjustment 645D

I know where the function is on the menu, and have read the manual, which tells how to change the settings, but haven't found any guidance on how best to carry out the actual procedure.
I've also Googled it and found some various target devices, but am not sure if they are necessary, and if so which to get and use. I'm in the UK so the choice may come down to one anyway (the Spyder Lenscal).
Has anyone any advice on what method is best please, and how to go about it for maximum benefit?
Also can someone clarify whether the procedure works with older 'A' lenses and the red autofocus confirm light that appears when they are apparently in focus? I suspect not.
Thanks for advice on this.

09-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It's just a matter of trail and error, you keep going till you hit the spot.
With zooms use the long end.
Yes get lenscal it makes things easier.

About the A lenses, since they dont have a digital contact that means the lens isn't IDed by the camera so you're talking about a global adjustment here for all the lenses, not really worth it if you ask me. But yes it does work.
09-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Anvh.
I've also managed to find some other info on general (not Pentax specific) autofocus fine tuning, such as this one http://regex.info/blog/photo-tech/focus-chart which seems pretty good.

Last edited by Newmoon; 09-02-2012 at 10:31 PM.