Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by Thomas Quote
Why would you want to retire anyway?
Retire from the day job, I mean. I have too much other stuff I want to do with my life. Incompatible with having to keep working 9-5 until I die.

09-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #32
Pentaxian

As a 25 year shooter of the Pentax 67 system and professional landscape/travel shooter, I have to look at the P645D system with amusement. My customers could care less if my shot of a a cactus flower was with the 67 system or the over priced 645D. For me, it is more about talent than equipment. The composition trumps equipment every time. Do I need all the bells and whistles on the new 90mm ED? No and I'm not willing to pay for them either. Even the Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 HC Autofocus for the H cameras is less ($2600.) than the 90mm.

I'm staying with my 67's.
09-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by atlnq9 Quote
The shutter is more prone to vibration than the Hassy body and the Leica S2. This needs improvement because even with top glass and in lens SR it is pointless if you can't get a clinical sharp image due to vibrations.
Please show proof that a Hasselblad or S2 is better. The dampening on the 645D mirror is excellent.

QuoteQuote:
Hopefully Ricoh and get products out the door faster now... especially with the rumored long focal length f4.0 Leica plans for the S line.
??? So Leica, which has a really bad reputation for delivering optics for the S2 system, is not an issue, but it is for Pentax? If you look at the release of MF lenses, Pentax is going at a rate at least equal to their competitors.
09-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by desertscape Quote
As a 25 year shooter of the Pentax 67 system and professional landscape/travel shooter, I have to look at the P645D system with amusement. My customers could care less if my shot of a a cactus flower was with the 67 system or the over priced 645D. For me, it is more about talent than equipment. The composition trumps equipment every time. Do I need all the bells and whistles on the new 90mm ED? No and I'm not willing to pay for them either. Even the Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 HC Autofocus for the H cameras is less ($2600.) than the 90mm.

I'm staying with my 67's.
So you are just trolling this thread? You don't even shoot with a 645 film body and so this release has nothing to do with you. As for overpriced, my 645D paid for itself in the first year of use in film and developing costs alone.

BTW, it would be good that you compare apples to apples. The Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 is not a macro and was a standard lens design which is produced in greater numbers and has been in production for a very long time.

For someone who believes it is the photographer rather than the equipment, you seem really preoccupied with the gear. But I will let you into another secret, a camera that works for you, does not work for others. What I choose to use has nothing to do with you. What you are willing to pay is irrelevant. Your post is just sour grapes.

09-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Yamanobori Quote
Please show proof that a Hasselblad or S2 is better. The dampening on the 645D mirror is excellent.
More concerned with the shutter than the mirror. Mirror lock up solves the mirror. Are you trying to use 600mm on the 645D? Fine motion blur doesn't disappear until after 1/500th on a Gitzo series 4 with a 15lb bag of rice hanging from it indoors with MLUP and 12 second timer. I have never tested a long lens on the Hassy or S2 body but the couple people I have spoke to say the performance is better. When I rented the S2 I didn't have the 67 M* 400mm like I do now so I couldn't test it for myself. Now maybe I am just an idiot for using long lenses with manual focus on a medium format body to photograph wildlife. I have no plans to switch to anything else right now I just wish they would work on the fine details of the shutter and designing processors/AF sensors specifically for the camera rather than piecing them in from a K mount dslr.

??? So Leica, which has a really bad reputation for delivering optics for the S2 system, is not an issue, but it is for Pentax? If you look at the release of MF lenses, Pentax is going at a rate at least equal to their competitors.
Who has more new lenses for theirs right now? Leica or Pentax? Leica has 5 for the S, Pentax has only introduced 2. And I can also mount all the current Hassy lenses on the S format and retain AF so one could say that the slow rate of Leica introducing lenses is negated a bit with their adapter.

BTW, it would be good that you compare apples to apples. The Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 is not a macro and was a standard lens design which is produced in greater numbers and has been in production for a very long time.
Agree, I don't think there is a good comparison. The others all have a longer focal length macro which are either faster or slower than the Pentax 90mm. But comparing a macro to a non-macro cost wise doesn't work. And this one has SR so that makes it more difficult. If it performs like the 120 and Pentax has got the in lens SR right on their first try then I think the price is right.
09-13-2012, 06:10 AM   #36

Is this a true macro like the 120 with 1:1?
09-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by desert dog Quote
Is this a true macro like the 120 with 1:1?
No, I think it will "only" be 1:2...

09-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #38
Forum Member

The price in Japan is around 350.000 Yen. That is around 4500 US Dollars or 3400 Euro. The 25mm already costs less in Japan.
09-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by desertscape Quote
Dearest Boring Yamaha: No need to get rude.
Your pal,
Joey
Who is being rude?