Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #1

Photokina interview

Is anyone else curious why the 645D was ignored in the interview, and why specific questions about that camera system and the newly announced lens have not been asked by the interviewers ? It's one of the products where Pentax actually has the ability to lead if they continue to refine the system.

Last edited by larkis; 09-22-2012 at 12:46 PM.
09-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, I too found that ommission unfathomable.
09-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We asked one question- about the SR in the new 90mm - and they said they couldn't answer that

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I would liked to have had a update as to the future of the 645D and accessories, or at the very least an acknowledgement that upgrades are to be expected not including a lens once a year and then released much much later in the US as it is in other countries. And I agree with larkis this is an area where Pentax Ricoh can distinguish themselves in a leadership role if they continue to pursue this endeavor and niche. I just hope it does not lead to a "Lunar" equivalent.

09-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by larkis Quote
It's one of the products where Pentax actually has the ability to lead if they continue to refine the system.
+1. This could be quite a step out product and the next step for a select group of photogs that would pursue excellence while remaing in the "mortal" world (i.e. not anything priced $40,000). I hope that they don't let it die on the vine.
09-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They've said (in two consecutive interviews) that they plan on continuing and developing all 3 product lines (K-mount, Q-mount, 645D), so yes, more stuff is coming for sure.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: