Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #1

Zoerk Pro Shift Adapter

Has anybody tried one of these for panorama photography?

I am interested in the ProSA-P67 that uses lenses from the Pentax 67 system for shift on 645 format cameras but would also like to hear from anybody who has used other pro shift adapters.

Have read that the quality of the workmanship is high but found no reviews or user experiences concerning how it is to use one in the field instead of just reading about it on the internet.

10-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Didn't @Ron Boggs sell one of these a little while ago in the marketplace?
10-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Hey Littledrawe,

We've been back and forth several times on private messages. Wish I had good info to post here for everyone, but my system was a bit different--single lens, Rodenstock 105 APO--and no shift. So my expertise regarding marrying various lenses into the system is nil. I can say that the tilt function works very well in it's own inexact way. Inexact because it is so variable in all directions that it can't be numerically calibrated...just can't mark all planes. I really enjoyed mine for about a decade. Just happen to be in a sell off phase right now...still keeping oodles of FA* and FA Limited lenses...shooting K5 and K01 and very happily too.
10-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #4

I have a Zörk shift adapter that works well with the 67 45mm. The 45mm has to get modified but still works fine on the 67 after modification. 67 55mm works, too. I have not tried the 67 35mm, yet, as I don't own it.
What I used to have but thought was a bit too playful for my taste: the mentioned Rodenstock 105 APO. Very sharp but very flexible, too.

11-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #5

Original Poster
good focal length for panoramas?

Am advised p67 55mm f3.5 is good lens for use with panorama adapter but am not experienced with panorama stitching and would like to ask if anybody has used this bazouka and how much real estate you can stitch with it on a 645 camera body. More than 2x2?

Also, not sure how to figure out what focal length is good for for panoramas? Even when I look through a normal lens the landscape is quite far away and with a wide angle lens it gets even further away with more prominent foreground and more sky, right? So do not understand why so many landscape photographers and cameras designed for landscape photography like wide angle lenses.
11-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by windhorse Quote
Am advised p67 55mm f3.5 is good lens for use with panorama adapter but am not experienced with panorama stitching and would like to ask if anybody has used this bazouka and how much real estate you can stitch with it on a 645 camera body. More than 2x2?

Also, not sure how to figure out what focal length is good for for panoramas? Even when I look through a normal lens the landscape is quite far away and with a wide angle lens it gets even further away with more prominent foreground and more sky, right? So do not understand why so many landscape photographers and cameras designed for landscape photography like wide angle lenses.
Every scene and situation is different, I find myself using a different focal length all the time in my panos. I use a nodal slide and different lenses, but on the 645D I find my 45-85 or 80-160 the most used focal lengths...particularly the 80-135 range...but you gotta remember, I'm doing these in 2-5 shots with a nodal slide, so I don't need all that wide of a lens to begin with. From 80mm to about 135mm are the most used ranges for me.
11-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #7

Original Poster
From 80mm to about 135mm are the most used ranges for me

Thanks Ryan, this makes a lot of sense to me.