Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #1

good price for used 645D?

Hey people, the price drop for th 645D seems immense since the D800 has popped up. What do you think is a reasonable and realistic price for a used 645D body in nice (but used) shape these days? As some of you know I am selling mine but the offer I have so far is 5100 Euros incl. VAT for the body WITH the FA 80-160 and FA 75mm. I have to take VAT because I have used this camera for work. If I'd sell this on eBay, I'd have to pay a lot of fees.

Is this a good price? Do you think the price drop will continue?
Thanks for your inputs!
Alex

10-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
Forum Member

I don't know how many actuations your camera has and how old it is. But I think 5100 Euro for the body alone is a joke even less with the lenses together.
This camera provides the same image quality as a Hasselblad h4d 40. And this camera gets sold used between 10.000-11.000 Dollar on ebay without a lens or just together with the 80mm lens.
So I would say you can calculate with 20-30% off the new price, depending on your cameras condition and age. Anything else would be a bad deal for you.
And ebay doesn't charge that much for higher priced products, as they use a limit fee of only 50 Euro for all higher priced items. The only thing that will cost some money is Paypal (1,9%). So I would advise not to use Paypal if possible.
10-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I think the main problem is that the used market for 645D is very small. I talked with someone to buy his 645D and 5000 would also be my max, this was also including 2 lenses, but other. No sale made at the time. Those who can pay more, buy it new.
10-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agreed. If I had the money, I'd rather buy new: with such electronic equipment you want to know what happened with it, more than in the days of mechanical equipment. Repairs are less easy and likely to be more costly. For 20-30% reduction I would not consider buying one used, but perhaps I'm cautious, perhaps more than others.
I do think the market is small now but would get a boost when a 645D II is announced. This may be the worst time to sell 645 gear. Better to hang on to it if you can. If not, try selling without the lenses even if they do not do much themselves these days.

10-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
Forum Member

I think it just depends on how old and used your camera is. If it is only a few months old with just a few actuations, I would never ask for a price less than 20% off the new price.
The lowest price I could find is around 8.000 Euro for a new camera body. In this case a price around 6000 Euro for a used one would be a fair price in my opinion. If you add your two FA-lenses, it should be around 6800 Euro. Now deduct Papal and ebay and maybe some transport costs and it comes down to roughly 6600 Euro overall. So that would be a price I would consider for this setup when I would sell it outside from ebay. Hope this helps.
10-10-2012, 04:59 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks all. Since I had to sell it asap, I couldn't wait any longer. I don't think the price will go up again in the near future even if the 645DII pops up. So I have sold it today for the price mentioned. It's a photo equipment dealer nearby, the sale went very quick and smooth. German ebay auctions just go up to 5000 Euros for the body these days. With VAT and ebay fees, all the waiting and all handling after auction end (shipping, insurance etc.) I might have made a tiny bit more but I would have had a lot more trouble. The lenses themselves don't go for much anymore, around 400 Euros for the FA 80-160 and 200 for the FA 75mm.
The cam itself is in nice but used shape. I haven't figured out how many shots I have made with it but I suppose, in 1,5 years, it must have been around 20-30.000, maybe more. I used it for all kinds of situations but it turned out to be too unflexible. I am a bit sad, though, since imho it is a great camera with amazing image quality. But just not what I need for my kinda work. Took me a couple of months to understand this and let go.

I still have my beloved 67II which I will not sell.

Thanks again
Alex
10-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
Inactive Account

i was looking for the camera ready to buy it. in ebay italy, i found 6200 6600 6300 euro for kit...then a shop told me a guy was selling its camera....he told me 4800 euro...

we meet camera is practically new, treated with gloves , few actuations, warranty expire june 2013....everything in perfect condition. practically use like new, probably better

i planned to think after reviewing the camera a pair of days, but then i bought it instantly.

10-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
Inactive Account

My dreams come true

i was looking for the camera ready to buy it. in ebay italy, i found 6200 6600 6300 euro for kit...then a shop told me a guy was selling its camera....he told me 4800 euro...

we meet camera is practically new, treated with gloves , few actuations, warranty expire june 2013....everything in perfect condition. practically use like new, probably better

i planned to think after reviewing the camera a pair of days, but then i bought it instantly. I think i made the bargain of century.

I already have practically all lenses, miss the 35 i will buy soon and next year the 25.

i'll use this thread for my consideration dn posting some images.

so far some question...

1- is it possible to skip completely the dark frame subs after long exposure? i switcthced it off from menu but still after a long exposure it makes the Noise reduction. i know is good but i don't like to wait.

2- Oh god the shutter. it's a symphony

3-soon ill test it against friend's d800.
10-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote

i planned to think after reviewing the camera a pair of days, but then i bought it instantly. I think i made the bargain of century.

I already have practically all lenses, miss the 35 i will buy soon and next year the 25.

i'll use this thread for my consideration dn posting some images.

so far some question...

1- is it possible to skip completely the dark frame subs after long exposure? i switcthced it off from menu but still after a long exposure it makes the Noise reduction. i know is good but i don't like to wait.

2- Oh god the shutter. it's a symphony

3-soon ill test it against friend's d800.
Allow me to be the first to say: I hate you!

Of course I'm kidding - and intensely jealous!