Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Royce, some great images. Thank you for sharing.

12-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Thank you Royce for being up front with this.
All the best!

Steve
12-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #18

Original Poster
Thanks Ryan!

No problem, Steve. Part of the purpose behind this project, and the people & organizations that partnered on it, is to use photography as a means of getting a dialogue going on various things. So we're doing that. We want to "show & tell" with people about photography as art and a vehicle for stories, photography as a means of expressing things to or about a community, photography as a way of illustrating experiences to groups of people who think they do or don't know certain things about other people & places, all that kind of stuff. Putting images online is a way to share photos, to be sure, but we definitely also want to bring it into the "real world". Hence invites to exhibits...
12-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Royce-
Show and tell is a good thing as it perpetuates the art of photography. Since I live in Arizona, I thought I'd share one of mine.

Santa Catalina Mts. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

12-17-2012, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, did I miss something, or is there something going on here? Self aggrandizement? Everyone who posts on here is trying in some way to get their work recognized in one way or another. If we cut those of us who promote ourselves and our businesses off from the forum, the forum will have lost some very valuable contributors. Lots of pros post here. I don't know one that has made 10 cents from stuff posted on this forum. Personally, I'd love to see news of exhibitions from forum members posted on a regular basis. Self aggrandizement and all. If you can't cheer on those who get exhibitions, my take is, you're not part of the team. There isn't a photographer on the site i wouldn't love to see an exhibition of their work. My complaint with this thread is he's not coming to this end of the country. I'd make an effort to see him if he was. And if he came a didn't let us know because of some worry about "Self aggrandizement" I'd be getting a little hot under the collar.
01-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, I really like the cowboy photo -- and here's hoping that you'll post another -- maybe bull riding at a rodeo? Also, in Alberta -- maybe a tar sands landscape... something that would show both the land and the people and their machines trying to get that oil? Anyway, more pictures!