Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lightroom 4 vs Capture One Pro 6.4

I've been using LR4 to process images from a 645D. I've noticed that when I'm sharpening in LR4, I'm not seeing all that much change unless I put all of the sliders to 100%.
Since C1 is supposedly designed specifically for MF cameras, is it better for processing images from the 645D?

10-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should download a copy and try it (60 day trial period). C1 doesn't directly support the 645D. It should work with DNG files, however, but it probably doesn't have any camera-optimized profiles (their profiles for K-mount bodies are really good). So it should require some extra work, but it might be worth a try. Until LR4, I think C1 was clearly superior in IQ. Now it could go either way. But I still haven't gone to LR yet - not sure I will, either.
10-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm playing with a demo copy of C1 that I downloaded today. I'm strugling with its interface since it's so different than LR4, but I'm still able to work with it without reading a manual or viewing a tutorial.
10-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by FrankC Quote
I've been using LR4 to process images from a 645D. I've noticed that when I'm sharpening in LR4, I'm not seeing all that much change unless I put all of the sliders to 100%.
Since C1 is supposedly designed specifically for MF cameras, is it better for processing images from the 645D?
Are you viewing your sharpening changes at 1:1 or higher magnification? They won't show up otherwise. I have no problems seeing changes with 10-15% increase in sharpening on my 645D files with LR 4.

10-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, I'm view at 100%. I think that I may be expecting too much from the sharpening process.
The other reason for my post was that I was wondering since C1 is designed for medium format, is there any benefit to using it on a MF camera vs LR? So far, I'm thinking that there isn't one.