Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-25-2012, 02:35 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Underbridge Quote
well, it if it is a 8000USD gear?
If $8000 is that important to you, you shouldn't have lent it out. I understand that it sucks but you should have considered the consequences before lending it out. Have you talked to your friend about repair costs/responsibilities?

Personally, when (and if) I decide to lend equipment, vehicles, "toys" etc I have a written document prepared, nothing fancy, just so both parties are aware of any ramifications if damage is done. This is generally for anything worth over 5K.

12-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #17

It is depends on who we are going to lend our stuff for. You must know what "type" your friend is when he borrow something. I have a friend who never care about camera/stuff that not his own and he "treats" them very un-carefully when he borrow from other.

You know, money sometime is not important, but when we lend our camera to a friend and we know he will not careful with them, better do not lend out. Because camera can be fixed but friendship and respect is lost is more important !
12-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a dumb ass. He should not have let his dumb ass friends use it if he was going to get pissed off enough to post his dumb ass picture on the internet.
12-29-2012, 11:10 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
whenever I lend some gear to another photographer they had better have something I want as well - I need a hostage.

01-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No, I wouldn't lend out my cameras and lenses....
They are precious to me and most ppl don't know their value, and I save my trouble to ask ppl to pay me back if they damage my equipment....

well.... come to think about it, I wouldn't want to lent out anything at all. LOL