Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax 645N small parts/screw information

Hi all,

The shutter speed knob fell off my 645N. I looked online, found some information on how to replace the part, ordered the part off ebay, and began taking apart the camera top cover.

So far so good, after half an hour of work, the leatherette and the top cover came off nicely, however, the screw that attaches the shutter speed knob to the electronics underneath is rusted, and I think I might have to drill out the screw to service the part.

Does anyone know what pitch this particular screw would have? I'm hoping someone here has an exploded parts list and can give me that information. Any help would be appreciated.

Otherwise, my only hope would be to take the replacement part (once it arrives) to a hardware store and start trying out screws.

Thanks,

Hal.

01-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
perhaps the service manual would be of help
05-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by hal_a Quote
Hi all,

The shutter speed knob fell off my 645N. I looked online, found some information on how to replace the part, ordered the part off ebay, and began taking apart the camera top cover.

So far so good, after half an hour of work, the leatherette and the top cover came off nicely, however, the screw that attaches the shutter speed knob to the electronics underneath is rusted, and I think I might have to drill out the screw to service the part.

Does anyone know what pitch this particular screw would have? I'm hoping someone here has an exploded parts list and can give me that information. Any help would be appreciated.

Otherwise, my only hope would be to take the replacement part (once it arrives) to a hardware store and start trying out screws.

Thanks,

Hal.
I have the same problem. What search parameters did you use in eBay? I would really like to fix the problem even if it's just cosmetic. Thanks