Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax 67 halp - parts needed

Hi
I hope this is the right place to ask. I was searching everywhere and I decide to try here.
I`m looking for two parts for my old Pentax 67 camera. After braking down and repairing myself I decide to restore the camera after being forced to remove the leather covering and open it for repair.

Some external parts are damage due to old age and I`m looking for two of them.

First is the - Exposure Counter Dial - this is the part above Wind Lever with small window in it.
The second one - Frame Number Control Dial - this is the dial which indicates what type of film was loaded in to the camera - 120 or 220.

I attached some pictures.
In case that I can`t find those parts I can consider buying some old damage or faulty Pentax 67 body with those parts in good condition.
I`m from UK but there is no problem for me to pay using PayPal or through Ebay,

I was looking everywhere and I lost hope so please help Pentaxian restore his loved camera :-)

Thank You.

Thomas

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
01-13-2013, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Go with a P67 sold for parts and cannibalize.
01-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Beater 6x7 bodies usually go for less than $50 so I would agree with desertscape
01-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
Beater 6x7 bodies usually go for less than $50 so I would agree with desertscape
Yeah I found the parts and now I can restore them.
Thank you for help.

01-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is no way I can find a 67 for $50 here in US.
01-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
There is no way I can find a 67 for $50 here in US.
Lee's right. Most legit commercial dealers in the US won't bother trading in true parts cameras, and the only other obvious source is the auction site .... and those guys want stupid prices for a "ready for restoration" bodies.

Makes me wonder if there's room for a side business of a camera junkyard, just have a bunch of dead bodies waiting for parts calls.... himmmm.....
01-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
Lee's right. Most legit commercial dealers in the US won't bother trading in true parts cameras, and the only other obvious source is the auction site .... and those guys want stupid prices for a "ready for restoration" bodies.

Makes me wonder if there's room for a side business of a camera junkyard, just have a bunch of dead bodies waiting for parts calls.... himmmm.....
There is a local "bricks & mortar" camera store here in Vancouver that has a box of defective cameras that they sell for parts. But I have never seen a 6x7 and the store almost never gets any 6x7 trade-ins.

Phil.
01-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I visited a camera store in Houston that had a corner full of broken cameras. I think it was call the camera co-op or something like that. But I can see how that might not be the case in every city. America is just too big, with too many cities. I guess you can't expect that sort of availability everywhere. I know that the two decent camera stores in Colorado Springs, where I'm living for a few months right now, have used cameras but not many junkers to speak of. I guess it just reminds me of how fortunate I am to live in Tokyo most of the time. (If only my wife understood that point maybe she wouldn't roll her eyes at my frequent (2-3 times a week) stops at a particular camera store!) At that store they have an entire room dedicated to junker equipment and typically there are at least 50 old 35mm bodies on the shelf and more often than not several medium format cameras too. The great part is that many of them are just to cosmetically ugly to sell in the main section of the store but work just fine. If you bring your own batteries or pay a few hundred yen and buy some there you are free to test the cameras before buying. And there are usually a couple hundred lenses or more on the shelf. Many are moldy or badly scratched but many are usable.