Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

645D - want older firmware

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can download the second-latest version of the 645D firmware please? The version immediately prior to the new one with the vibration reduction settings added. As you may have seen from another thread, the already-irritating long exposure dark frame behaviour of this camera has recently become worse on my camera and I want to exclude the possibility that it might be due to the recent firmware update. Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Ed

01-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can download the second-latest version of the 645D firmware please? The version immediately prior to the new one with the vibration reduction settings added. As you may have seen from another thread, the already-irritating long exposure dark frame behaviour of this camera has recently become worse on my camera and I want to exclude the possibility that it might be due to the recent firmware update. Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Ed
Generally speaking you're not going to be better-off with an older firmware version, but I still hope someone has a copy on their local system that they can give you! Unfortunately I deleted mine

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The reason I hope it might help is that I was able to shoot 30 sec exposures without the dark frame compulsorily kicking in until very recently - which coincided with the firmware update. Might be coincidence, might not...
01-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Have you checked that the DFS is actually set off?

01-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Have you checked that the DFS is actually set off?
You generally also can't go backwards on firmware updates, once implemented the new update usually can only be overwritten by yet a newer update.
01-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I should have it, as not upgraded to the very latest, will need to dig it up, any idea on what it might be named, but as others say not sure if it is wise to go backwards !! The DF has annoyed me since the purchase, now i just live with it, and time my exposures around sun/clouds/colour etc as best i can. Turned on or turned off it matters not a jot.... all to do with type of sensor and the heat it generates, basic electronics... maybe they can build a cooling fan into the body....heaps of room. anyway let me know if you so desire it...
Cheers
Steven
01-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi Anvh, yes I have all in-camera noise reduction turned off - but it still kicks in. It always did over 30 secs, but now does so with 30 sec exposures (indeed with shorter exposures than that).

Is there anyone else with a 645D with the new firmware installed who could test if theirs does the same?

Thanks Bigvern - I will think about whether to try and do this and shout for your help with the file if I go ahead. Thanks so much for the offer.