Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I'd still say that for my particular landscape style the 35mm A is my favorite lens to work with. Very sharp on the 645D all the way down to f/22 and f/16 gives very good sunbursts, if that's your sort of thing (I seem to be going through a sunburst phase currently!)

From my completely non-scientific observations the 25mm is a touch sharper from f/13-16 than the 35mm, but the 25mm suffers from more diffraction from f/16 and smaller apertures. By f/22 the 35mm is noticeable sharper, in my opinion, though the 25mm isn't by any means bad at f/22.

02-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #17
Forum Member

Cheers ryan, love that first image with the 25mm of Slot Canyon ? or similar ? Yeah i love the odd sun/starburst every now and then, and the 35mm does it beautifully, as good as some Zeiss glass i have seen. SInce going to the 645 i have struggled with filling the frame on occasions, and i guess the 25mm makes this even harder, we dont have the big majestic mountainous landscapes close at hand :-( so you really gotta work hard, i hate throwing away pixels from the 645.. That shot of Valley view and the snow on the boulders is awesome.. great work.
I never go up above F16 anyway for fear of the dreaded refraction..so a non issue.. I have played around with my 55DFA lens and compared it to the 35mm A i have and find i get slightly better micro detail out of the 55, but the 35 is still a stunning landscape lens and my most used. Hence i was hoping the 25mm would be as good if not better with the wider aspect than the 55DFA.

Once again thanks for the feedback.
02-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
For anyone who may be interested and is in the area, I have a solo exhibition of my photography opening in Duluth, Minnesota, USA on Friday (three hours north of Minneapolis on the 'apex' of Lake Superior). All of the images in this exhibit were captured with the 645D and many I have shared already on this forum.