Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
neck strap for P67

Hi all,

My P67 came with a thin neck strap, would like to know what are the neck strap options people are using?
Doing some search I learned the the strap (and the metal hook) are same for P67 and 645, and Optech have reasonable priced neck strap for them. I am looking for other idea to carry it comfortably. For example this guy:

I know the option of carrying without a strap (I have the grip), which I would do if I am only bringing the 67, but if I am carrying more than 1 camera, I would like to have a way to lug it around.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Lee

02-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

For my 645 I ordered a Racer-X strap from "couch straps". You'll have to google them. I use their guitar line and love them to pieces. The designs are pretty cool too.
02-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter

I just use the regular Pentax 6x7 neck strap with the locking lugs for my 67. Works fine for me.

Phil.
02-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
For my 645 I ordered a Racer-X strap from "couch straps". You'll have to google them. I use their guitar line and love them to pieces. The designs are pretty cool too.
Looks like a good idea! How do you connect the strap with the camera securely?

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I just use the regular Pentax 6x7 neck strap with the locking lugs for my 67. Works fine for me.

Phil.
Mine is something like this, really thin and can imagine it will hurts carrying all day...

02-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

OpTech USA has an excellent strap with similar lug attachments (but better) for the P67. The OpTech strap can be "halved" to just the webbing straps which assist in pulling up or carrying the P67 off or onto a tripod, or out of the bag. It is exceptionally useful. If I need to put the beast around my neck, I attach the thick neoprene neckpiece to the buckles and it's done. No fiddling, no fidgeting. I have seen quite severe damage to the body just above the lugs on the original P67 neck strap. I don't think it's well thought out in terms of design. You will not get any damage with the OpTech straps.
02-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Looks like a good idea! How do you connect the strap with the camera securely?

Mine is something like this, really thin and can imagine it will hurts carrying all day...
Yes mine looks the same but has plastic tabs on the strap not metal. It's fine for the period I carry the camera and I support the body underneath when I'm walking.

Phil.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E4800  Photo