Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #16

I ordered the D800E the day it was announced, was one of the first ones in the queue in Switzerland. It took some months, the day I would get one was coming close. Then my dealer in Bern had an offer for a used 645D, just some months used. I already had quite a lot of lenses from my 67II and the 645N, so it was the better deal. Especially as all these lenses were quite cheap, but nearly all of them are showing great performance till the border. I would have had to invest a lot of money to get something similar for the D800E, the 50/1.8 AF-S and the 70mm Sigma Marco would have been OK. But for the 645D I have much more choice than that. Off course, someone was very happy for sure to be allowed to by "my" D800E, it was no problem to cancel the order.

03-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
Pentaxian

I'd agree. If a serious photographer does not know about the 645D then there is little point in telling them. They are not paying attention to new released gear, it would seem.

His sport on that 645D was one that didn't require fast focus and a camera ready for the next shot the instant you took the first one. Synchronized swimming and diving ( what I saw posted) form a tripod only requires only a fast shutter speed. Not the same as thing as objects coming at you and moving away at fast speeds using handhold.
03-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of the problems of all these comparisons is that they measure for a set of functions which not everyone needs. I do not need to focus on formula one race cars; I would like optimal tonal quality.
While I appreciate high ISO, I am still tempted by that Sigma DP2 Merrill which, of course, does not compare well in part because of poor high ISO performance.