Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
I found that it was very helpful to be able to use both eyes simultaneously; one thru the viewfinder and the other looking directly at the action.
That's actually behind the VF magnification factor with a 50mm lens: using a 50mm lens with a 1.0x VF magnification (like a Pentax MX with its 0.97x) makes this dual eye exercise seamless.

Today's VF are now closer to 0.7x than 1.0x, even if full frame. This means that 71mm (50/0.7) acts as the new normal focal length actually.

04-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
Pentaxian

According to that finger pointing test, I'm right-eyed dominate but I use my left eye because I take off my visual aids to look through the view finder and my right eye is more visually impaired. It kind of sucks because that means nose prints all over the LCD screen.
04-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
When shooting my kids' sporting events, especially volleyball and basketball, I found that it was very helpful to be able to use both eyes simultaneously; one thru the viewfinder and the other looking directly at the action
I do this too with my SLR cameras too. IMO this is one of the big advantages of rangefinder cameras - you get to see the big picture with the framelines indicating the area captured by the lens.