Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Site Supporter

67>645 Adapter, tiny spring?

In removing the P67 to P645 lens adapter from my 645NII, a very small spring--an inch long and about as thin as a pencil lead, and with a loop on each end--came out from somewhere in the adapter. And so now, the adapter will no longer mount on the 645. I assume this can be fixed, and if so, who in the US can do it? Would the cost of repair be worth it, or should I just look for another adapter? (I don't imagine I have the eyesight or fine-motor skill to repair it myself.)

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Robert

05-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #2

Hello Robert,

please test if the aperture lever of the adapter is returning to the former position if You move it by hand.
If not, that's where the spring is missing. You have to find the two mounting points to set the spring back in place.
On Monday I should have time to look at my adapter.

-Linus-
05-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by -Linus- Quote
Hello Robert,

please test if the aperture lever of the adapter is returning to the former position if You move it by hand.
If not, that's where the spring is missing. You have to find the two mounting points to set the spring back in place.
On Monday I should have time to look at my adapter.

-Linus-
Thanks, Linus.

Yes the aperture lever is just flopping back and forth. The seller of the adapter has agreed to accept a return and has offered a replacement. Rather than attempting a repair myself, I'll be sending this one back.

Again, thank you.

Robert