Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #1

Pentax 645 comments and battery holder need.

Hi everyone.

This is my first post here so sorry that's its a "request" post.

I recently bought a Pentax 645 and I love it. It's my primary film camera. Its awesome btw! everytime i look in the viewfinder i want to jump ino it. Its so good looking through it that sometimes my imagination of what the picture would have looked like is so satisfying I dont even have to take the shot . The lenses focus is clear and buttery smooth - everytime I hand it to someone to look through they are blown away.

I also use a Leica M8 and occasionally one of two Asahi ESII's. More on that later.

The battery holder in the 645 is barely holding together. I need a replacement. I've checked with Pentax USA and Canada they don't have any. I've done the usual eBay check, nothing. I've even asked Japan Camera Hunter to find me one but nothing so far.

Does anyone here have a spare one or a dead 645 I can buy for parts or know of a source?

Please post here or send me a PM

Peace and Grace

05-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Used 35mm and Digital Cameras and Lenses, Brooklyn Camera Exchange Long Island, Rockville Centre, New York

via google!
Hope this helps
05-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
CDW
Site Supporter

Try Buy & Sell New & Used Cameras ? Canon, Nikon, Hasselblad, Leica & More - KEH.com. They are likely to have the part. You didn't state which Pentax 645 version you own.
05-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hi,

Wow - thank you for the quick replies. I will check KEH also for a comparison, but tomorrow I will order the part from the Brooklyn place. Thank you for the link. I use google a lot but somehow that did not show up on my searches...could be google localized search - I'm in Vancouver Canada.

I have the base Pentax 645, not the "n" or digital. It just says "645" on the camera. Love it!