Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #1

New 645 user

Hello,
I am a fairly new 645 (original version) owner and have a question. The camera is in great shape and I am happy with the results I am getting. Prior to just a few minutes ago I had never tried to use the continuous fire mode. Good thing as I can't seem to rotate the C/S "dial"! Am I doing something wrong or maybe there is an issue with my camera. The operating manual says almost nothing about the C/S wheel. I have enough experience with film cameras to know that simply forcing any levers, buttons, or dials is almost always a bad idea! Any ideas?
...j

05-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The switch should turn to in either direction, though it does require a little bit of initial force.

Sounds like yours might be jammed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

It shouldn't be stiff at all. Mine turns with ease in either direction.
06-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #4

Original Poster
Here's the latest. I tried using the soft rubber handle on a screw driver to get a better grip on the knurled C/S dial... no luck even though I was able to apply quite a bit of force this way. I decided to squirt a tiny bit of DeOxit above and below the dial to see what would happen. I let the DeOxit sit for about a minute after spraying and now the dial rotates with ease. DeOxit evaporates slowly so I blew the area dry with compressed air. I am back in business! I never expected a "miracle cure" from DeOxit. Nice.