Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It sounds like you are settled on the 6x7. But if you are still open, I agree with blackcloudbrew -- I'd take the 645 route. I have used both the 67 and the 645 (and 645N and NII), and I simply do not see a significant difference in resolution, and only a slight difference in tones. Meanwhile, the 645 is a much more modern camera, has an equally good selection of available quality lenses, and is considerably easier to handle. Any notion that the 67 will handle just like an over-sized Spotmatic is ludicrous; the 67 is a clumsy beast. I'm sure I will have provoked the ire of the 6x7 religious zealots here, but that is my opinion nevertheless.

That said, if you ARE committed to the 6x7, then I would suggest you include the 45mm lens for your array. It is a beautiful lens, and it is worth it -- especially for landscapes.

06-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Hi,
As a bit of background,
the choice of 6x7 was dictated mostly by what was available locally that I could look at in person before purchasing.
I wasn't going to pay good money for something sight unseen. It was really a choice between Pentax and Mamiya (I'm not counting the holgas!).
Only 1 reasonable looking Mamiya 645 was available and it was more expensive with less accessories than any of the larger cameras.

I realise this will be different to anything I've shot before, but that's what is exciting about it.