Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
will this changing bag fit Pentax 67 ?

Hi all,

Thinking of getting one changing bag to remove film when I shoot 35mm film using the P67 to 35mm converter. My understanding is that one need to open the back and rewind the film back to the canister. So I am thinking of getting one of the changing bag, I see this:
Adorama Small Changing Bag, 16 x 17 in B-226

which is 16'x17', will it be big enough to fit the P67 in? anyone have experience?

Thanks,
Lee

06-25-2013, 12:15 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
changing bag

I dont have a 67 in front of me right now , but i think that , the length of the body plus the open door would be greater than 17 inches. If you used this bag it might be a bit of a compromise. At the very least , to make it work , you would have to remove the lens before every reload.
06-25-2013, 10:20 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Get the larger change bag. You need more room for the open back cover. Having too much room is better than too little!
06-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
Get the larger change bag. You need more room for the open back cover. Having too much room is better than too little!
thanks! but hope to get a 'just about right' size as I don't want to bring too much stuff when shooting outside... the 67 is heavy enough!

06-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

If you're taking all that stuff listed in your signature, a large change bag will mean nothing at all. The priority will be to get you a semi-trailer!
08-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Please forgive my dumb question, but why do you want to put your camera in the bag? I use a bag to load exposed film onto reels for developing but have never used it to load film into the camera. I've shot hundreds of rolls with a dozen or more medium format cameras including the P67 and never had any light leak problems when loading film in day light... or do you have some sort of bulk film adapter for your P67?

For me the only important factor for bag size is whether the developing tank will comfortably fit in. I have a small and medium and find that the medium is much easier to use. But I also have rather big hands.
08-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Heck, you have the camera right in front of you. Make a mockup by folding a towel, using a bag or something to that effect.
08-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
Hi LFLee, I was wondering if you are using one of those adapters to do the 135. If so, could you just have an empty 135 cartridge winding in the exposed film and then you might not need to do the bag thing... as much?

08-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
If you're taking all that stuff listed in your signature, a large change bag will mean nothing at all. The priority will be to get you a semi-trailer!
QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
Please forgive my dumb question, but why do you want to put your camera in the bag? I use a bag to load exposed film onto reels for developing but have never used it to load film into the camera. I've shot hundreds of rolls with a dozen or more medium format cameras including the P67 and never had any light leak problems when loading film in day light... or do you have some sort of bulk film adapter for your P67?

For me the only important factor for bag size is whether the developing tank will comfortably fit in. I have a small and medium and find that the medium is much easier to use. But I also have rather big hands.
I bought the big bag instead from adorama using my ebay ebucks. It is for using the 67 to shoot 35mm film, and to do this needs to rewind the film back to the canister after finish shooting. Hence the need of such bag when you are out shooting. It is not because of light leak...

QuoteOriginally posted by MysteryOnion Quote
Hi LFLee, I was wondering if you are using one of those adapters to do the 135. If so, could you just have an empty 135 cartridge winding in the exposed film and then you might not need to do the bag thing... as much?
This is a good idea, except I don't have a empty canister available. And two disadvantage to do that are 1: the last frame will be wasted; and 2: the film canister might be different and confusing for developing the negative correctly?
09-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #10
Veteran Member

OK. I get it now. Pretty hefty camera body for 135 film!
09-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #11

Lee, glad to hear you went for the larger bag. Even so, I suggest you make a mental note to be extra attentive every time you open the camera back inside the bag, as it is rediculously easy to accidentally push a thumb (or a casette or spool) through the shutter curtain. That could really ruin your day!

Good luck!
09-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #12

The bag stated would do but not ideal, get a larger bag.
09-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I recommend a changing back tent. Much simpler to work with, but also much more expensive. Once I got one, reloading 4x5 holders and loading tanks and reels was no problem anymore.