Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 585
645D Image review 1:1 pixel

Hi all.

I am eagerly awaiting my 645D to arrive and have a brief question.

Is there a particular image zoom magnification in playback that gives 1:1 reproduction of the image on screen, or close to it?

Thanks, Scott

07-18-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 72
QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote
Hi all.

I am eagerly awaiting my 645D to arrive and have a brief question.

Is there a particular image zoom magnification in playback that gives 1:1 reproduction of the image on screen, or close to it?

Thanks, Scott
x14 comes closest to a 100% magnification. But you can also use x11 or x16.
07-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Ryan Tischer's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Photos: Albums
Posts: 434
I have found 8X to be just right for checking focus and overall sharpness. I have the camera set such that moving the thumb wheel one-click brings me to 8X.
07-20-2013, 02:23 AM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 585
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ryan Tischer Quote
I have found 8X to be just right for checking focus and overall sharpness. I have the camera set such that moving the thumb wheel one-click brings me to 8X.
Thanks guys,
I received the camera yesterday and tried it out. Yes anywhere from 8x to 16x is good for checking.

Its a real shame that you can not just hit one button and it goes directly to 1:1, like you can on the Phase One 645DF.

07-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: QLD 4165
Photos: Albums
Posts: 67
QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote
Thanks guys,
I received the camera yesterday and tried it out. Yes anywhere from 8x to 16x is good for checking.

Its a real shame that you can not just hit one button and it goes directly to 1:1, like you can on the Phase One 645DF.
@Ryan, can you advise how this is done ? via the menus i guess ? cheers
07-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Ryan Tischer's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Photos: Albums
Posts: 434
QuoteOriginally posted by Bigvern1263 Quote
@Ryan, can you advise how this is done ? via the menus i guess ? cheers
Yes, via the menu, but it's been so long since I adjusted it I can't recall what the setting was specifically called...just take a slow and careful look through all the menu options and I'm sure you'll find it.
07-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #7
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 20
To set Quick zoom go to the Playback Display menu option. It's described on page 22 of the Reference manual.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, camera, image, medium format
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
645D hot pixel mapping in Bulb mode? alunfoto Pentax Medium Format 18 11-16-2012 10:28 AM
Pixel war hots up with 1.8 gigapixel camera announced. wildweasel Photographic Industry and Professionals 5 01-19-2012 08:25 AM
Pentax 50mm 1.7 impressive so far - Pixel-peepers welcome! Edgar_in_Indy Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 42 11-03-2011 11:54 AM
Pentax 645D review part 1 mhecker Pentax Medium Format 6 04-11-2011 11:28 AM
It's settled! K10D LCD 1:1 pixel view joefru Pentax DSLR Discussion 5 05-21-2008 06:43 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:37 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top