Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
08-11-2013, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #1

Someone bought a 645D and is taking nothing but cat photos...

If you search 645D on flickr, and select 'recent,' this is what you find.

I commend you cat photo photographer. You have round about $10,000 worth of photographic equipment, and a seemingly endless amount of cats to choose from. You picked the purrrfect tool for the job. This is exactly what you needed for this assignment. No other sensor could resolve those whiskers like a medium format digital CCD could.

Own it.

Attached Images

08-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
HAhahahha!!! This is awesome. Go modern times!
08-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Kawaii!
08-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Maybe he/she just got it and those were his/her practice shots.

08-11-2013, 07:41 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't wait for the calendar...
08-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's a good choice; cat pics get almost as many "favorites" as bikini models, on flickr.
08-11-2013, 08:49 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Too funny!!!

Something like this already happened on the Pentax Facebook page, and some folks - including me - called them out on it.

Basically, Pentax gave/loaned a 645D to an Olympus shooter and she produced terrible pictures as a result.
We couldn't believe that Pentax would find a non-Pentaxian and then post images that did not showcase what a 645D could do.
It was stunning at how inept Pentax USA was.
Pentax deleted the comments on Facebook, then banned me from making comments on their Facebook page as result.

Ricoh is doing their best to water down the Pentax brand, and 645D cat pics sure don't help either.

08-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
Veteran Member

This photographer, "bazoka.tw", obviously likes cats and his/her photo stream shows it. Bazoka.tw also appears to do portraits and studio work, like this shot, or outdoors like this, and seems to be a full frame Sony a900 user.

My guess is bazoka.tw got a hold of a 645d on loan and only had the body, one lens, and enough time to shoot the models (cats) that were presently at arm's length. As of this writing the pictures are only FOUR HOURS old. Let's give the photographer another day or so with the camera before we ask for our cheezburgers.
08-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I shoot a lot of shots of my cats.. it's great practice as they never keep still.
08-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

my wife once bought me a thick hardcover book full of nothing but cat photos (at a garage sale). Somebody must have oriiginally paid good money for that!
08-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I had the local killer cat in my backyard this afternoon looking to kill off my last lizards and frogs. I would like something more serious than a 645D to take shots at it.

Name:  cat kills crake.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  45.7 KB
08-12-2013, 02:13 AM - 2 Likes   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
I shoot a lot of shots of my cats.. it's great practice as they never keep still.
That, plus.....

Their fine fur makes it easy to see where you focused and what your DoF is - magnifying a cat photo and looking for that is unforgiving.

Their fine fur makes for an excellent way of non-scientific testing of lens resolution.

Their fine fur makes for an excellent way to test lighting - it will reflect, it will absorb, and their green eyes as a result of unkind flash ....no better way of learning but by fearing for your life.

Their fine fur makes it in everywhere, I mean everywhere, meaning that you *finally* have identified the reason why you bought an environmentally sealed WR camera and DA* lenses....

Their fine fur makes it in everywhere, meaning that you'll have to keep your rocketblower on your desk at all times - which is an excellent conversation piece, opening up subjects you'd never expected to discuss: most non-photographers I've had over have assumed that it was intended for....ehhh..."bedroom purposes"

See, cats and photography really go together, and any photographer worth his salt should ensure to entertain and support a small clowder.

(I'm being told by some four-legged furball here, that I must mention that the above is written of free will, and not under threat of claw-against-throat, ....)
08-12-2013, 02:27 AM - 2 Likes   #13
Veteran Member

Let's say a bloke got his hands on a 645D, which would be a fantastic studio camera.
What's the first thing any red-blooded bloke would want to take photos of, with his fancy big camera?
Pussy.

Regards
08-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
Veteran Member

What a catastrophe.
08-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
What a catastrophe.
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Can't wait for the calendar...
Too funny, there are some funny people on this forum!