Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Which 25mm 645 Lens

Hi all,

Just reading about the 25mm DA and DFA models.

Is there any significant image quality difference between the two?

I would like to mount a custom lee filter holder over it for at least 1 grad, so I am guessing that the DFA would be better due to the shorter hood.

Any advice would be great.

Scott

08-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They're the same lenses except for how the hood is designed. I don't think the DFA version is available new any more.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote
Hi all,

Just reading about the 25mm DA and DFA models.

Is there any significant image quality difference between the two?

I would like to mount a custom lee filter holder over it for at least 1 grad, so I am guessing that the DFA would be better due to the shorter hood.

Any advice would be great.

Scott
The DFA version has a shorter hood and can be used on the Pentax 645 film cameras without any vignetting.

The DA version has a longer hood which will cause some vignetting on Pentax 645 film cameras.

They both have the same optical formula but I have also seen it reported that the DA version has different lens costings which make it a better performer on the 645D with digital sensor.

Regards

Chris
08-26-2013, 04:28 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have yet to see any clear evidence on whether the two versions actually have the same optical formula... Different views pop up quite often on this, but nothing definitive that I have seen...