Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #1

645D sensor cleaning

Do i have to send the camera to japan to get some spots cleaned off the sensor ? Any reputable services in Canada that can do this ? Does anyone know if pentax canada will do this ?

08-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by larkis Quote
Do i have to send the camera to japan to get some spots cleaned off the sensor ? Any reputable services in Canada that can do this ? Does anyone know if pentax canada will do this ?
Any camera repair shop can clean a sensor, so you can probably have it done locally

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I clean the sensors of my medium format cameras myself with visible dust sensor brushes, I use the 24mm FX format brush. I also use their line of wet cleaning tools which is sometimes necessary to remove things that tend to adhere to glass like pollen.
08-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by larkis Quote
Hi mate,

I would steer clear of the Visible Dust products. In my opinion they are not worth the money. I purchased one of their brushes and it put more dust on my M9 sensor than it actually removed.

I have moved to the Dust Aid products. They have a superior micro-fibre cloth that you wrap around a sensor wand to suit the size, the MF cloth leaves no fibres on the sensor. They work great and are very affordable plus their cleaning solution is great and dries very quickly.

I also use the Pentax sticky dust wand model O-ICK1 for spot removal. You can find them on ebay. Stay away from the Dust Aid sticky wand, as I have read bad reports on it being too sticky and damaging sensors. The Pentax O-ICK1 is the model that Leica uses in the production line for final spot cleaning on the M9 sensors.

Get those 2 sets of products and you should be right to go.

Of course others may have had great success with the Visible Dust system, but not me, so your mileage may vary.

Scott