Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bigvern1263 Quote
Well recently the Aus distributor had 2 going for around the $5K mark, they were demo stock, in great condition with the 55mm, a colleague of mine bought one, the images that come off mine are quite stunning and i print them big...thats why i bought it and it has never disappointed, its heading to Banff in 2 weeks with me in tow... :-) ;-) , if you want and can afford go for it... never look back.. :-)
Interesting that they were selling off demo stock. I wonder if they were just realising their investment because of low sales, or that they're clearing the decks for a new model.

09-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
that is what interests me now. Lens prices are lower than ever, probably because of a lack of anticipation. Pentax, or Ricoh, are very very silent. Too silent as far as I am concerned. The things that interest me (Rolleiflex, Sigma, Fuji) are not announced by Ricoh.
09-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
so..... the "cost" of producing the camera is actually......< $1000? probably.
09-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
If we're into idle speculation, I mused in another thread about the 645D successor being a FF-MF, preferably with replaceable viewfinders, which would head off the purported entries from Canon and Nikon, and nudge the Hasselblad and Phase One offerings along a bit. Keeping the present 645D as a low-cost entry to the format would bring in more users, although the present 645D lens plans would have to change (unless they do provide coverage for the complete 6 x 4.5cm frame, of course).

The larger, more ponderous MF cameras encourage a more considered approach to subjects, and making them more accessible to a greater number of photographers would be a boon to the whole movement, especially if it reduces the opportunity for gearheads to whinge about equipment.
Yes. 645 is the /real/ FF format. I suspect Pentax knows that also. APs-C is the perfect compact companion. Although a (done correctly) EVIL 645 body can be made remarkable compact.....and not exorbitantly expensive either.

I'd look that way, were I Pentax....

09-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Yes. 645 is the /real/ FF format. I suspect Pentax knows that also. APs-C is the perfect compact companion. Although a (done correctly) EVIL 645 body can be made remarkable compact.....and not exorbitantly expensive either.

I'd look that way, were I Pentax....
An EVIL Pentax 645 would be equally expensive but have a much smaller market. It is the sensor that cost money...