Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2013, 02:27 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax 67 Prism on eBay

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Again, not mine. I have no idea if this is a good price or even useful:

Pentax 67 6x7 Prism ? Good User Condition | eBay

Item no: 360735878441

09-10-2013, 02:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Maybe it's looking for this: Pentax 67 Camera Body Only With MLU EX S N4189494 P67 6x7 | eBay

09-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry but I don't know the current exchange rate between the AU$ and the USD$. However, given the condition of that, albeit cosmetic, that looks to be about the right price. You can get another one in very good condition on ebay for a bit more than $100USD. What I'd want to know is the condition of the rubber seal on the bottom of the viewfinder. If it's shot, I'd pass on the viewfinder.
09-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A$1 = US$0.93 so A$59 = US$55

09-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What a shocker! I would avoid the lot. No reservations at all. These type of bodies will rarely, if at all be seen on the shelves of reputable professional dealers changing over equipment. There's good reason for that: heavily dinged and used bodies don't necessarily mean well-loved or reliable, but quite likely a basketful of trouble in these times where getting small parts for replacement are near impossible, except for cannibalising another 67 body. Go to street level stores and leave eBay to the speculators with wads of cash to spare on repatriating old beasts of burden.
09-12-2013, 06:04 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
What a shocker! I would avoid the lot. No reservations at all. These type of bodies will rarely, if at all be seen on the shelves of reputable professional dealers changing over equipment. There's good reason for that: heavily dinged and used bodies don't necessarily mean well-loved or reliable, but quite likely a basketful of trouble in these times where getting small parts for replacement are near impossible, except for cannibalising another 67 body. Go to street level stores and leave eBay to the speculators with wads of cash to spare on repatriating old beasts of burden.
+1 on Silent Street's comments. I experimented with a 6x7 body in similar condition, sold to me as "needs a CLA" While I could get film to run through it, the camera turned out to be a hybrid of swapped parts and in such bad shape I was advised to junk it. These were pro cameras when new and often lived very hard lives, so when you see them look THIS tired, they're probably really used up. Either go to a shop that will help you if the camera has problems, or buy from KEH in the States... they are not rock-bottom price, but if they say the camera's okay, it most likely will be.
09-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
Veteran Member

At local stores here in Tokyo equipment in this sort of condition is always in the "junk bin". That means no guarantee, as is, and buyer takes all responsibility. But the good thing is that you are free to look at it, hold it, test it out etc. That makes it possible to identify the great majority of problems, and often if you keep looking you'll find one that works fine and is just in ugly condition. Prices on such P6x7 bodies are usually around $35 and the prism finder would be about $15. I don't think I would ever buy that type of equipment online since hands on inspection isn't possible.

09-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'd disagree. I got a 'spares or repair' 67 body and 'non-working' TTL prism for a bargain price on ebay.

A change of batteries and a clean of the terminals on the body, and despite only getting 9 frames per roll, I have put 20-30 rolls through it now with no problems.

Sometimes you have to take a punt!

PS Now this was a bargain for $21.50... NICE Pentax 67 viewfinder | eBay
09-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rob1234 Quote
Sometimes you have to take a punt!
Actually you don't! But if you're the gambling type, doing so can be lots of fun!
And if you don't have access to nearby stores that carry this kind of stuff I'm sure the temptation to take a chance is much greater.