Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #1

645D shutter speed weirdness

I've been shooting with my 645D for about a month now and love the camera. I looked for every reason I could find to send it back but I'm blown away at how amazing a camera it is for the money. But there's one strange thing that the camera does every so often that makes me think there's something wrong with it. When changing the shutter speed, the camera will cycle through 4 stops and then loop back through the same 4 stops. For instance, if I'm at 1/15 and want to go to 1/125 I'll roll the dial and it will cycle through to 1/125 and then back to 1/15 while turning the wheel the same direction. I'm thinking this is some sort of "feature, not a bug" thing but I'm at a loss of why it does this. If I continue to roll the wheel in the same direction it will cycle through the shutter speeds again and then act normally.

Anyone else see this when using their 645D?

Thanks,

Bob

09-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I assume you don't accidentally press the green button which in some modes resets the speed to the program line?

I didn't notice such behavior on any of the two cameras I have had the opportunity to use. Since the 645D is Weather Resistant the classic first attempt fix of spraying contact cleaner into the gaps around the e-dial won't work.
09-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
I assume you don't accidentally press the green button which in some modes resets the speed to the program line?
I bet that's exactly what I'm doing. I had no idea the green button did that. Any way to turn that "feature" off?
09-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can customize what the green button does, it's probably done in the custom menu. I do not, however, have the manual for the menu system, so I can't help you any further.

09-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #5

Original Poster
Custom function 29 turns off the green button. I was inadvertently hitting the green button while dialing the shutter speed dial and that was creating the "jumpy" speeds. Turned it off and no problems.

Thanks,

Bob