Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #1

Hurrah for film...!!!

So I finally got my 200mm f4 in the mail, from eBay, and a reasonable price I might add, and in surprising good condition.

Got a full weekend lined up with several different locations to photograph. Working with a couple of original 67's, a few focal lengths to choose from, heading out with a handful of different films from Velvia to Kodak 400 B&W.

Also looking forward to setting up my darkroom, chemicals and all, once I get into my new home, 4x5 linhof included.

Hurrah for film...!!!

09-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Keep going. Film needs all the support it can get.
Just a quick note: it's best to meter Velvia (50, 100, 100F) in marginal lighting (which approaches conditions which Velvia does not agree with) with a hand-held meter (spot or incident), especially where there are highlights and shadows which both need to be balanced. If using a polariser, a hand-held meter is very highly recommended, because the camera does not know how to adjust exposure upwards (to about +2 ~+2.5) with full polarisation. The TTL meter is not reliable for this.
09-21-2013, 01:44 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Congrats adonishercule, on the new lens. Yes, film is not dead. Re: film: Portra 160 - 400 - 800 is another fine option.
10-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I could hardly sleep at night, when my most important photographs would be nothing but data files! I guess that many people out there donīt consider where their digitaly stored photographs might be in about 30 years.... or even more. I still can have a look at the photograph of my fathers grandparents, made on the occasion of their wedding in 1900. What about todays wedding photos, amost entirely shot and stored digitaly? The generations to come might think that the year 2000 was the end of mankindīs history, because there are only few "long-term-surviving" photos from the following years and decades....