Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #1

Which cable release do you use fir 67ii

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi,

My china made cable releases from ebay doesn't work on my 67ii.
They work just fine on my Mamiya 7 and all my large format camera lenses but not for 67ii. I don't see any wears on the shutter button but cables just fall out.

Which cable release do you use fir 67ii

Thanks!

10-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I've only used one cable, an old and sticky thing that gave me some problems when it didn't retract after each release but no problem screwing it in... I have no idea why yours isn't working.
10-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Chinese-made cable releases are probably the very worst choice you could make for any camera. Go for the Linhof, Gepe, Nikon or Pentax releases (essentially the same, except re-branded). A cheap, ill-made or poor-quality release will fail at the most critical moment; not "if", but will. The best will cost a pretty penny, but will deliver on service and reliability, and importantly will have the correct throw of the plunger to trigger the 67ii (these comments also apply to the 6x7 and 67 bodies).
10-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have two Pentax ones, (30CM & 50CM) that I use for all my cameras.

Here's an example of one on ebay:

Pentax Cable Release 30 with Case New Old Stock Excellent Condition | eBay

Phil.

10-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I have two Pentax ones, (30CM & 50CM) that I use for all my cameras.

Here's an example of one on ebay:

Pentax Cable Release 30 with Case New Old Stock Excellent Condition | eBay

Phil.
^ That's the same cable release I have (as a spare); they are very robust. Nikon too has them (exactly the same, only the name changed).