Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
645D questions...I know, I should read the manual...

Hey 645D users, I put my camera to task yesterday and today, shooting over 1,200 shutter clicks for an assignment job, woo! I did notice a few things that i'd like to ask the group:

1) after some inactivity, the camera goes to sleep. is there any button besides the shutter button to awaken it? In the cold, my numb fingers often accidently fire a shot when I only wanted to wake it up.

2) once in awhile, while shooting 3-shot brackets, I hear a grinding or scratching sound just before the first shot fires. This is while using the 2-sec mirror up and I am guessing it is the mirror raising, but does not happen all the time.

3) I have my SD cards both set to RAW and slot set to reserve. When slot 1 is full, I see the LCD illuminate to say "SD1 memory card full". OK, that's nice, all the subsequent shots will go onto card 2. But, I cannot find a way to cancel the message which lights up after every shot and stays on awhile. When I am shooting in the dark, I don't want my LCD screen lighting up for no reason. Is there a way to turn that warning off??

Thanks for any answers that may save me from having to look for the manual.

11-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Forum Member

1) Train yourself to be more gentle with precision equipment.

2) Film advancing mechanism kicks in?

3) May be yo got printed manual together with camera? If not, I can provide with digital one.
11-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vaards Quote
1) Train yourself to be more gentle with precision equipment.

2) Film advancing mechanism kicks in?

3) May be yo got printed manual together with camera? If not, I can provide with digital one.
1) I will work on not having cold fingers. in the meantime, can anyone actually answer my question?

2) film? what's that?

3) I have both but was hoping there would be a kind soul who could give me the cliffnotes version.
11-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #4
Pentaxian

1) Cycle the power switch ON > OFF > ON, shutter release half-press, or press the Playback, MENU or INFO buttons

2) No idea.

3) Not that I remember seeing.

11-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. I did go through the menu and none of this is mentioned in there anyhow.

I am, however, wondering if urge issue with the SD card warning can be resolved by setting the full card slot to OFF once the card becomes full. I can't test this until my shoot this weekend when I will fill up a card. We shall see.