Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
eyecorrection and 67II

I just made my dream come true - i got myself a great Pentax 67II. Big shock when I tried to look through the viewfinder: Everything looks blurred. My suspecion: The previous user wore glasses and adjusted the viewfinder diopter according to his needs. The viewfinder diopter is build in - but I canīt turn it smoothly in order to adjust it to my eyes. Do you have to turn it strongly? I donīt dare to turn it with violence...

11-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fritzenpapa Quote
I just made my dream come true - i got myself a great Pentax 67II. Big shock when I tried to look through the viewfinder: Everything looks blurred. My suspecion: The previous user wore glasses and adjusted the viewfinder diopter according to his needs. The viewfinder diopter is build in - but I canīt turn it smoothly in order to adjust it to my eyes. Do you have to turn it strongly? I donīt dare to turn it with violence...
Hi, maybe it is a matte screen installed?
11-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Or a correction lens installed in the eye-piece frame. Try unscrewing the eye-piece frame.
Otherwise turn the diopter adjustment in the opposite direction, as it sounds like it’s at the maximum correction in one direction.

Phil.
11-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For the Pentax 67 II the diopter adjusters are screwed directly into the eyepiece. It's only with the digital cameras that adjustable diopters were fitted to cameras, apart from the Pentax LX of course.

I'd try unscrewing the attached eyepiece and looking through it. Then search eBay for any replacement you might require.

Regards

Chris